how to slow down weight gain

Options
umekanzah
umekanzah Posts: 94 Member
All you pregnant ladies, can you please share your tips and tricks for keeping your weight gain steady during your pregnancy? I am pregnant with my third. With both my previous pregnancies i ate whatever, barely ever worked out except for walking in the last weeks and gained 50 lbs each. The weight has come off both times but i do get very big and uncomfortable. I am 12 weeks pregnant now and gained 6 lbs already. Finding it so hard to workout with being so tired all the time and nausea, bad taste in mouth and other symptoms keep me from eating the best i could. But i am trying to make sure i get a decent amount of veggies and fruits in everyday when i can.

Would love to see some advice because i am already feeling uncomfortable with this gain (I am 5' 6" and started at 180).

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I used http://www.freedieting.com/tools/pregnancy_calorie_calculator.htm to give me a general idea of where my caloric intake should be, rounded it and set that as my MFP goal. I log everyday, even if I go over (which DOES happen).

I've been eating alot of calories though this week because of Christmas, and not getting much exercise, but I'm in my last month, so... heh... you know how that goes.

My advice would be to do the calculator, manually set your calorie goal to what it has for that and just log the best you can everyday.

I'm at 23 lbs gain (about) at 36 weeks. My goal was to gain 25 lbs... and I'm thinking I may go over that by just a couple lbs... which isn't too bad.
  • AlysonG2
    AlysonG2 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I agree. Log every day, good or bad. Seeing the red numbers is the kick in the butt I need to keep it under control.

Also, meal prepping and pre-logging. I try to cook a bunch of food and pre-log for the work week on Sunday night. I don't always stick to it exactly, but it does give me a good idea of how much wiggle room I have. Good luck!
  • umekanzah
    umekanzah Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies, I only the only way to control the weight gain is to keep logging in. I will try my best to continue to do that.