Older ...but not thinner....dieters wanted !

Options
Tradboat
Tradboat Posts: 3 Member
Hi I'm looking for people a little older .... I'm 61 in years but much younger in outlook, to join me in losing weight and being fitter in 2015.

I'd like to lose 2stone or 28lbs by June 2015. The only reason I ask for older folk is that it gets harder to lose weight the older you get ! So you youngsters reading this - do it now ! !

All I ask is that we post in a regular basis - perhaps more than once a week , just for support.

Then post your weight every week. I usually weigh myself on Mondays as I find it helps me control what I eat over the week end.

Look forward to hearing from you all. Xx :)

Replies

• poppysierra
    poppysierra Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm 56 - how the heck did THAT happen - and starting to look a bit blobby. I have an absolute horror of the scales so don't weigh myself but go on how I look in the mirror and how my clothes fit (or not as the case may be!)
    I'm looking for motivation because now that my son has gone to Uni I find I can't be bothered to cook properly (I live on my own). I row and run (although not recently) and cycle to work although right now I have viral bronchitis so I'm not doing much of anything.
    Perhaps we can help each other? And any others out there - go on post a message : )
  • TrickyDisco
    TrickyDisco Posts: 2,869 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm 53 and a bit thinner than I was a few years back, managed to lose about 2 stone counting cals and exercising more, but am in constant danger of putting the weight back on as I eat too much for my 4'11'' frame, e.g. already put three pounds on over Christmas so far, and I've slackened off exercising too, need to do more ... Good idea to weigh on Mondays, I was weighing on a Friday but will change and see if it helps me control weekends too. Opened my diary in an attempt to help cut back (theory is if people can see it will I try to eat less - not working yet!) :)
  • geopop
    geopop Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 53 and have just started using the site properly today, I have used WLR up to now which was great but have no job at moment so can't continue paying. I have lost 1.5 stones so far but need to lose another 2.5 to get to where I really want to be although just being healthy and fit would do. Would welcome any help and support so hello everyone I look forward to meeting you on the site. G
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,867 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I am 64 and I am on here every day. I like to be supportive to my friends too. I too want to lose 29lbs by the end of June then I will be at target.

I have been here for just over 2 years and have lost going on 40lbs so I know it can be done. I put a bit on over Christmas so I am now trying to lose that weight too.

If you are a supportive person send me a friend request and we will see what we can do and how much we can lose.
  • sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Hello I am 62 started on here the day after 2essie ^^ and I have been lucky in that with her support especially for moving more ! and other women of similar age I have been in maintenance for last few months having lost my 2 stone and being determined to keep it off. I am willing to help some new friends so if you like my profile just ask!
    You can do it!
  • Polyanna1
    Polyanna1 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm 59 coming up 60 in a few weeks with 2 stone to lose, so I guess I qualify! I have battled with my weight problem all my life, I have suffered with an underactive thyroid for over 20 years, which I now have been told is overactive, which means yet another adjustment in meds. I am also a runner which I took up a couple of years ago after being a non runner all my life, I really love it, it has made such a difference to my fitness. I will never be very fast but the important thing is that I get out there and do it. I am a slimming world member and follow their programme.
  • poppysierra
    poppysierra Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year to you all - I'm off to bed as I just worked an 11 hour shift! o:)
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Tradboat wrote: »
    The only reason I ask for older folk is that it gets harder to lose weight the older you get ! So you youngsters reading this - do it now ! !
    I would challenge the "harder to lose the older you get" a bit.

There are some factors that make it true ( accumulation of injuries, declining health) but on the other hand I found once the kids grew up I got a lot more me time. Instead of spending my weekends running around supporting the kid's activities I can now pursue my own. Although I still work full time and also run my own business it's not as all-consuming or time demanding as it used to be.

Plus the tools for weight management (like MFP and proper food labelling) and fitness (gadgets, readily available knowledge from the internet...) are so much better than in my youth.

Certainly agree with the "do it now" part. :smile:
    Once you keep doing it now it becomes a habit.