New Recipes

Options
boomerkae
boomerkae Posts: 217 Member
I've been looking for new recipes to try. Made Cauliflower "mac" and Cheese with Ham last night. It was good and has a good protein count!

http://kimegetshealthy.blogspot.com/2014/12/recipe-cauliflower-and-cheese-with-ham.html

I was looking at about 100 calories and 11g of protein!

Tonight it was ricotta and spinach topped chicken. Another low cal (like 254 cal and 38g protein for a non sleever portion). Was a little dry, so I need to modify slightly. I asked my hubby to pull it from the oven and he left it in with the door cracked to keep it warm. :( Will try in again though.

Replies

• Thaeda
    Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I am a HUGE fan of spinach--- it blends in with almost anything. I continue to find ways to incorporate veg because it keeps me full on much fewer cals. than protein alone (plus I get sick of just eating meat/chicken/fish. :) I make a mean spinach frittata! I am also learning to like salad--- def. was not the case awhile back.
  • boomerkae
    Options
    Thaeda wrote: »
    I am a HUGE fan of spinach--- it blends in with almost anything. I continue to find ways to incorporate veg because it keeps me full on much fewer cals. than protein alone (plus I get sick of just eating meat/chicken/fish. :) I make a mean spinach frittata! I am also learning to like salad--- def. was not the case awhile back.

I never liked spinach until I was an adult. Preop I would add it to lasagna and occasionally pizza to sneak it in on the kids. My husband is on Coumadin so I have to be careful how often we have it. It really can be versatile. I also added it to my own scrambled eggs preop and in place of lettuce on burgers, sandwiches, etc.
  • lenac87
    lenac87 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy! I'll have to try it when I get to the stage when I'm allowed to eat ham :)
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    That looks really good, I am going to have to try that!
  • boomerkae
    Options
    lenac87 wrote: »
    Sounds yummy! I'll have to try it when I get to the stage when I'm allowed to eat ham :)

Ham went down very easy for me. I've never been a big deli meat person, so I've done that once, and since, I just don't have the taste for it. Chicken is iffy, and I've read that to be the case. I was plesantly surprised how "easy" ham was considering it can be dry.