Triple Negative Invasive Ductal Carcinoma Breast Cancer and BRCA1 Positive

Options
ktca247
ktca247 Posts: 4 Member
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the group and was looking to maybe make some friends on MFP that were going down or have been down the same road I am traveling on. I'm 32, a wife and mom to my two dreams and was diagnosed with triple negative invasive ductal carcinoma breast cancer in late August of this year. In October, I was also diagnosed with having BRCA1. My doctor's believe this to be the reason I have breast cancer, especially because of my age.

I was on MFP before my diagnosis and had lost about 15 pounds from June through August. But after I found out, I fell into a major depression and have gained the weight back since. After starting my first phase of chemo in September, I literally couldn't do anything let alone continue going to the gym and I certainly wasn't watching what I was eating.

Now, I am on to the second phase of my chemo with only six more treatments to go! I'm planning to go to the gym for the first time since August and am pretty excited. I'm also ready to start tracking everything I'm eating again.

In two to three months, I will be getting a bilateral mastectomy and will also be getting my ovaries removed. Not sure whether or not I will need radiation. After my chemo is finished, my surgeon will be removing a lymph node or two to see if there are any traces of ghost cancer cells. If there are traces, then I'll need radiation. If there aren't, then apparently I won't need radiation. But we'll see. I plan on getting reconstructive surgery as well. So much ahead of me and my family. I'm hopeful, yet very nervous as well.

For anyone reading this - Thanks for reading this and I'm happy to be part of this group! I was wondering how working out went along with watching what you ate during chemo? How was working out after chemo was finished? For those that have had mastectomies - were you able to do minimal work outs after having the surgery? Has anyone had surgery to have their ovaries removed? How about a mastectomy and ovary surgery at the same time? How did you feel after it and what was your recovery time? Did you do any light walking or workouts during recovery time? Thanks in advance and I look forward to anyone's responses.

Replies

• Gorger
    Gorger Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Yoga was great after the mastectomy healed. It help get rid of the excess fluid buildup around the scar.
  • sedensmedical21
    sedensmedical21 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I’m have TNBC! Getting healthy is key ! Lower weight and strong core prepares us to keep fighting 🙌🏼