New to TurboFire and this group

Options
Hi, everybody! I am running a race on Saturday, so I am starting TurboFire on Sunday. I have had the set for like a year, but I have been too scared to do it (silly, I know). I'm ready to get started on it, and am excited for a new workout program. I love Chalene Johnson, and have done TurboJam with some good results!
Any motivation, tips, suggestions, whatever, is more than welcome! I'm really nervous to start it because I hate not being good at something!
Thanks for reading! :)
Ryanne

Replies

• rachpetersen
    rachpetersen Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Have fun!! Just go with the flow and do as much as you can do. If you can't go hardcore then follow the modified moves to make it easier. No biggie...I do it sometimes!! Just enjoy yourself and be patient....sometimes it takes a few tries before you catch on to the moves.

Other advice:
    #1) do your best to not miss class (and don't skip stretching classes because they are important, and don't replace classes with harder ones as your body needs time to rest).
    #2) wear good shoes so you don't kill your knees (and remember to pivot)

Enjoy!!
  • sugaree1202
    sugaree1202 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I'm starting week 2 tomorrow and really enjoying it so far!

If you've done other Chalene programs - especially TurboJam which is the precursor to TF - you'll pick up the combos pretty quickly. I found the "New to Class" option for Fire 30 (the first class on the schedule) to be really helpful because a lot of similar combos are used in other classes and she breaks down how to do each move properly.

Good luck!
  • xintothevoidxz
    Options
    Don't get discouraged the first week :) It's "learn the moves, build the stamina" week.

It will totally become addicting once you learn the moves :P
  • Alioops831
    Alioops831 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I'm new too. I just started watching Fire30 and I'm completely intimidated already. It's so friggin' fast! I'm going to watch the New to Class now. I'll start tomorrow.
  • rslavens2
    rslavens2 Posts: 8
    Options
    Thnks for the support, guys!! I'm nervous to start but excited too. Fee free to add me if you want to support each other! :)
  • Alioops831
    Options
    I did the New to Class for my first day (Fire30). I don't think I'll have to use the New to Class again. I picked it up pretty quickly. But wow..... sweating like crazy.
  • kristilappin
    kristilappin Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey, I just started the first turbofire session yesterday. I have never sweated that much... ever! I really enjoyed it though, although I think it will take me a while to properly pick up the moves. I'm so excited to see the results.
  • Alioops831
    Options
    I did my first HIIT15 today and my face was SO RED at the end. I don't know how Chalene and the others do it and make it look so darn easy!
  • rslavens2
    rslavens2 Posts: 8
    Options
    Lol you guys rock! I've been procrastinating on starting it. Did circuit training and yoga today. I promise I'll start!