Hey old friends!!

Options
Link2Life
Link2Life Posts: 102 Member
I had to stop over and give a shout to this group! I was a member here on my old MFP account and recognize many of your names! I know that while I was here, I was in the best shape of my life and the encouragement and challenges kept me going. I made a change in my hobbies that required me to sell my carbon road bike - I bought a horse! So, he and I have been tearing up the trails riding "endurance". It's been a blast.

However, I've found that riding horse just doesn't burn the calories like riding bike, so I've dusted off my old heavy steel hybrid and plan to get back on THAT saddle again in 2015.

My old ID was "RedSunshine" or maybe it was "RedSunshine365" (I can't remember). Glad to see TDSeest and TheBigYin are still regulars here....

Here's to a happy 2015!!

Replies

• TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,682 Member
    Options
    Welcome back home, the kettle's on - help yourself to cake/biscuits if you've been out riding :)

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,221 Member
    Options
    One thing about the steel hybrids. They don't mind if you haven't ridden in awhile. They don't barn sour. And last but not least, you don't have to clean up the feces from the stables every day. :smile: Welcome back.
  • Link2Life
    Link2Life Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Ah yes... No manure from the steel stable, however that particular chore does burn the calories! I plan to get it to the shop for a tune up and will hook it up to the indoor trainer.