Introductions

Options
2»

Replies

• Morven1965
    Morven1965 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hello all, I'm based in Cambridgeshire UK. I hope you don't mind me joining this later than the rest of you, I've just seen this group and thought it would be my best motivation to get me moving...... I've had a few months of inactivity due to work and health issues, have just bought some trainers today so no excuses to get out there to move more. I was on MFP last year, made a good start and am really looking forward to improving again this year, approaching my 50th I've never been running so will kick this off with the gentle walking. Thanks all, looking forward to updating....
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Hi, all--I love the idea of this challenge and hope it helps keep us all consistently motivated throughout the year.

I'm Stephanie, 45, from Chicago (where, as for many of you, winter weather can be a challenge). I used to run a lot and did various races, including the Chicago Marathon some years ago (I was never terribly fast, but liked distance, to a point). Then, through various life things I stopped exercising and gained a bunch of weight. When I decided to lose it and get back into shape near the beginning of last year one of the things I most looked forward to was getting back into running and hiking and just walking a lot, and that ended up being one of the things I'm proudest of from this past year--I got back into a regular running schedule, built up my mileage, and completed two half marathons. But now that it's cold I've been struggling to keep up a regular schedule, and plus I'm on guard against the temptation to fall back into old bad (sedentary) habits. Hoping to avoid that and have fun starting off this year in pretty decent shape and looking forward to my first race of the year (another half) the weekend before St Patrick's Day. (That's also an anniversary of sorts, as it's both when I first ran outside last year and when I started actively participating at MFP.)
  • infinikitty
    infinikitty Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I can't wait until the weather gets better and the days get longer so I can run outside again, too! I'm dying inside haha