Fitbit One Activity Question????

Options
Redgal56
Redgal56 Posts: 73 Member
Hi All! Question, today I did not actually work out but spent almost 5 hours taking down decorations, vacuuming, scrubbing floors, etc....How can I track that on my fitbit? I am a newbie and still learning to drive. Any help is greatly appreciated! Cheers!

Replies

• shrinkyy
    shrinkyy Posts: 21 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    It might have tracked a lot of steps from that. But if you were doing more things with your arms, or really working up a sweat, you could log it as manual exercise. You just add the exercise on My Fitness Pal and enter what time you started and how long for, and it will over ride your fitbit's activity for that time frame. I'm not sure what exercise you'd pick though, I'm not sure what options MFP has for cleaning and that kind of thing. I've only really entered cycling and swimming. Log manual exercise for exercise or activity that isn't step based.. fitbit is good for walking and running
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Redgal56 wrote: »
    Hi All! Question, today I did not actually work out but spent almost 5 hours taking down decorations, vacuuming, scrubbing floors, etc....How can I track that on my fitbit? I am a newbie and still learning to drive. Any help is greatly appreciated! Cheers!

You got plenty of steps for all that cleaning. No one's food logging is 100% accurate—so consider any extra calories you might've burned as "extra insurance" that you're actually eating at a deficit.

Non-step workouts like swimming or biking should be logged, but not stuff like housework or dancing.