Eating more after 6 months post op........

Options
Just wondering if any of you over 6 months have started having trouble keeping your calories under 800-900 a day now. They say it should be around that till maintance, but I'm normally eating well over that now. It used to not be a problem and I could actually easily turn down food I shouldn't eat like carbs, etc. but it has gotten hard the last month. Like I can eat my protein and get full quick, but then 1-2 hours later I feel hungry again. I'm hoping it maybe is just due to the holidays but it's actually a struggle to keep my calories down I'll be right at 6 months post on the 9th and I'm getting worried if I dont reverse this, my weight loss will definitely stop!

Replies

• Thaeda
    Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I don't worry about staying under 800-900. I do fine in the 12-1300 range, but that is just me. It is way hard to keep under 800 for me.
  • bikrchk
    bikrchk Posts: 516 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Every plan is different. I lost just fine in the 1000-1200 range. Kinda feel like I'm actually in a more long term managable place now for maintenance now eating a few more calories. Been in goal range for 6 months now and still eating about 5 times per day. It's all good as long as I get my protein, avoid grazing and high calorie snacks. I can pretty much eat what I like at mealtime in small quantities and enjoy it! Life is good!
  • ac7nj
    ac7nj Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 months postoperative and my diet goal is 1000 some days I go over to 11-1200 but I'm not worried because I'm still way below my body needs. I'm also finding exercise is building muscles witch add weight, but burn calories. I just got under 200 pounds the other day. I'm afraid to get on the scale LOL. Scientifically I know I'm winning the war even if the battles aren't going so good. The same will happen for you just keep doing what you have been, you will win if you don't quit.
  • shonrecio
    shonrecio Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I agree with all the others here even at 16 months out my Dr told me to stay around 800-1000 cals, but with exercise I can do 1200-1300 to keep my body from having a deficit. So you will have a different need for your body and yes the further along in your progress your appetite and need will change. Just try to make good healthy choices to keep them where you need them. You got this.
    Thaeda wrote: »
    I don't worry about staying under 800-900. I do fine in the 12-1300 range, but that is just me. It is way hard to keep under 800 for me.

• manderspage
    manderspage Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I think it's a mind-game now, don't fall in the trap! :s

I "crave" carbs the more I eat them, even in little amounts - bread, crackers, chips, sugars, etc. I was starting to fall off the wagon in December, and my weight loss was stalling... I looked back at my diary to see why I was getting more and more hungry and I think it was the carbs/sugars.

So, I have been very mindful the past week and staying away from that stuff - staying away from snacking little bits here and there, and really focusing on my protein/water. Now I'm feeling fuller longer and feel like my restriction has returned, at least it seems that way. My calories have been under 800-900 since I've been focusing hard, and the pounds have started to drop off, too.
  • foxymitchell
    foxymitchell Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thanks ya'll ! I know I have the tool. And I have to take back control of it. I have definetly been picking some of the wrong choices, thing I would have never eating a few months ago like rice, for example. (Not a lot but still a no for now). But I WILL overcome this! The first part is admitting you have a problem. Lol