New Years Resolutions

loriarty
loriarty Posts: 33 Member
So I know that some people find them stupid, however I actually really love resolutions. They are a nice start to my year, and something to stick by and focus on. And really there is a sense of pride in actually achieving them especially with the stigma that "people never stick to them". So... if you do resolutions what are your resolutions? If you don't, just what are some of your goals for this new year?
Mine are:
  • Get out of the 200s
  • Be able to run continuously for at least 10 minutes
  • log every single day
  • stay within my calorie budget at least 5 out or the 7 days of the week.
  • Also to be able to do push ups and pull ups would be pretty cool too really.

Replies

• wennim
    wennim Posts: 276 Member
    I'm not really a fan of the word resolution but I do set goals.
    I haven't really thought them out yet but I do have some ideas.

- I want to continue my new healthy lifestyle for the year

- I really really really want to be at 145 by my next birthday (1/1/2015). I know that seems really doable but considering I have only lost 2 lbs for the month of December...

- I want to participate in a 5 k by the end of the year

• fpelletier
    fpelletier Posts: 365 Member
    I am a goal person too :)
    - Lose 30 lbs by the end of May (to reach my 100 lbs lost!)
    - Log all food consistently
    - Exercise at least 5 out of 7 days
    - Eat healthier overall
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,103 Member
    I am SO NOT a goal person. It seems like the more I try to set goals, no matter how big or small, it is the fastest path to sabotage for me. And I can't stand the people who do that "let's do good this year" when they haven't been fighting and struggling every single day as we have.

I strongly admire all of you who can do this ^^. I guess, if I had to say/set something, I want to get back to walking (seizing coughs left over from this holiday's illness are currently preventing any activity) and to improve on all the small tasks I started with last year. I don't have concrete numbers/fixed goals because I know me, I'll nuke them if I do... So I'm working on that part of my head again, too...

"I'm not losing weight, I'm gaining health, and however that looks, I'm cool with that." -ME

As for pushups, if you start against the wall, feet back a couple feet from the wall, work on form, and do pushups, a set of ten each time you use the bathroom, if you can. Do this two days a week, like Monday and Thursday or something. Every week or two, move your palms down an inch or so on the wall, backing your feet up a titch, too. Before long, you'll be able to move to leaning on a counter or bench, etc. Every bit helps. Even if you don't hold any weight at all when you start, you will work on the flexibility and repetition of movement that will strengthen those muscles...

Hugs, all, from Carly in Oklahoma