Weight Watchers; MFP etc. FYI Only

Options
NikonPal
NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
PER WSJ: Mobile Apps Take Their Toll on Weight Watchers

Dieters Are Using Free Smartphone Apps to Track Calories

"The results reveal weight loss as yet another industry succumbing to technology that—without charging—helps consumers do more things for themselves. A calorie-counting app from MyFitnessPal is the most popular fitness app in both Apple's iTunes store and the Google Play store, offering a free option to compete with Weight Watchers' online program, which costs $18.95 a month."

CNBC had Mike Lee (MFP CEO) on their show this morning. Essentially noted they are pure software app etc., but work with numerous hardware companies (FitBit etc.);

He noted what we know – they have a massive database & that 75 MILLION registered users have logged over 14.5 billion foods, burned 364 billion calories, exercised for 1.2 trillion min., and grew food base to 5 million. Says they are the best at tracking health, giving insights, tracking diet, massive database & overall full picture of health.

Replies

• SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    :awesome:
  • balancedwalker
    balancedwalker Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    MFP is awesome. For the newbies, NikonPal is our first 100 days challenge champ. Thanks for being around.
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    MFP is awesome. For the newbies, NikonPal is our first 100 days challenge champ. Thanks for being around.

Reverse that --- THANK YOU!!!!!
  • danelutza19
    danelutza19 Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    Nice to see everyone back on the same thread!!!
    I love MFP, and I encourage all members to use it to its fullest potential: look around in the community section, browse the success stories, ask questions and learn how to set achievable goals.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    For something that you pay for, you get very little information from WW in terms of nutrition and their website is very outdated. I did WW for a few months and switched over after wanting to follow my macros. They have a activity tracker that you can use, but you have to pay an extra $5 a month to have it connected to WW and if you leave the device is useless.