5'5, 27 yo female, CW 105kg. Accountability, diet/exercise help, and Hashi/autoimmune sympathy

Options
duckykissy
duckykissy Posts: 285 Member
edited January 2015 in Social Groups
I'm currently 105kg, approximately 230lbs, with a goal weight of 60kgs (130?). This year's goal is at least the first 20 kgs of that- so I'm really going at it hard.

Fun Quirks:
-I'm an American who immigrated to Australia, so I speak metric (kgs/C) but cook mostly in imperial (cups, tsp, etc).

-I've had Hashimoto's for most of my life, so while I'm currently taking the right dose- bad days happen and they're really bad. My husband also has a neurodegenerative condition that comes with chronic fatigue. So I'd really appreciate meeting people who understand the "spoon theory" and can help dealing with those days where you just don't have enough spoons but still need to find ways to take care of yourself.

- I've just started a paleo-ish diet a couple days ago. (I say ish because I'm a bit flexible with it atm, just trying to avoid bready foods) I'm severely lactose intolerant, not the biggest of a fan of eggs (although sometimes I'll eat them), and because I work in early childhood education I cannot eat nuts most days. I also have very high cholesterol so I have to avoid sugars, processed foods (I make all my own sauces/bases), and am trying to be all around careful of my diet. That said, I love to cook and bake! Some of my favorite food-types to cook are Mexican, Greek/Mediterranean, Japanese (particularly sushi, curry, and soups). I also had a 2 year issue with gallstones and have friends with IBS so my recipe box has all kinds from ethnic to vegan to celiac. I'm quite happy to swap recipes and my diary is open.

- I really want to get back into swimming (currently though I'm a bit too big for my swimsuit so I've got to shrink a little first). I also really love yoga, I was doing the Biggest Loser's Yoga for a while and am trying to get back into it (first few days are the hardest).

Anyway, if any of that sounds familiar- friend me/pair with me and we'll battle this adventure together.