Clothes Shopping

Options
boomerkae
boomerkae Posts: 217 Member
I went shopping yesterday for some new clothes. I knew a few pairs of my jeans were pretty darn roomy. I pulled out a pair of pants I bought (Gap) about seven years ago when I'd lost weight. It was the first time I'd bought a fashionable name brand jean. I'd gained weight and hung onto them. They fit. 2 sizes smaller than what I'd still been wearing.

I hit two thrift shops, got some sales, some things with tags. I almost cried in the fitting room when on pair of pants, three sizes smaller, fit. I almost had fun shopping for clothes. With a big and wide foot, I still hate shoe shopping though.

Jeans, 2 paira pants, three shirts, a shirt, a dress, and a skirt/jacket set.. $35! :D

Replies

• aylajane
    aylajane Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Dont give up - I lost a whole shoe size that first year... Then took up running and got half back :) But nobody has ever said "Damn she looks awesome - except for those HUGE feet" so I am not too worried about it :)

Congrats! My first year or two I *loved* buying clothes. I was so used to going to thrift stores and buying ANYTHING THAT FIT because there just wasnt a lot of choice. Now, I am almost bored with it because I have SO many clothes, and there are SO many choices everywhere I go... I am *so* much pickier now!!!
  • lenac87
    lenac87 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I can't wait to get to the point where I enjoy clothing shopping again, I know it's coming :)
  • boomerkae
    boomerkae Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad I did it. I go back and forth between seeing the 60 pounds ive lost and not. Yes, my pants "fit"but they were pretty much hanging off me. Nice to see the size change and actually see what better fitting clothes look like.