Starting over

Options
Hi!! I am 2+ years out and down 134 pounds. Lately I have found myself struggling and had a 10 pound gain through the holidays.. Time to get back on track and get back to basics.. (protein, water, weighing and measuring etc) I need new friends ( I've been on MFP for several years as sometimes people disappear..lol) my goal this year is to lose my last 50 pounds!!

Replies

• loriloftness
    loriloftness Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I'm too new in the process to have any advice for you, but I can offer my support and best wishes.
  • klcovington
    klcovington Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the amazing 134 pounds lost! That is awesome!! I am relatively new (sleeved in September 2014) but I have already been finding that I need to get back to - and stick with - the basics. The first holidays post-surgery were definitely challenging especially with traveling, office celebrations, relatives, etc. I am looking forward to continuing my journey in 2015 and I wish you best wishes on yours also.
  • juliebccs
    juliebccs Posts: 233
    Options
    Hi!! I am 2+ years out and down 134 pounds. Lately I have found myself struggling and had a 10 pound gain through the holidays.. Time to get back on track and get back to basics.. (protein, water, weighing and measuring etc) I need new friends ( I've been on MFP for several years as sometimes people disappear..lol) my goal this year is to lose my last 50 pounds!!
    + Hi, happy to be your friend. I am only 10 months out but have met my share of stalls and struggles along the way. Happy to support in any way. I am also aiming for another 30-40 pounds in 2015. I agree with weighing etc,,,logging my foods is my best friend. Forgetting to do this for a week can mix things up too much for me. Log log log. :-)

• bikrchk
    bikrchk Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I'm almost a year and 1/2 out, maintaining for 7-8 months now. Try to stay within 5 pounds of 140 pounds and I'm successful most of the time, (in spite of my snacking habits) :-0 I weigh once per week and if things go 5 pounds in the wrong direction, so far I've been able to get control quickly. Still learning to navigate this maintenance thing.
  • kittenincalgary
    kittenincalgary Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm 37 days away from my surgery, so all I can offer is good thoughts. I think it's wonderful that you're down that much and that you have decided to get "back to basics" :)
  • Rief3
    Rief3 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I am almost 2 years out and recently have had weight gain :( but I vowed to myself not to waste this tool. I started drinking diet soda again... BIG mistake! I am going cold turkey; also I am back on MFP!! To see someone like you still using MFP and not giving up is a great inspiration, I believe you will achieve your goal!
  • homerismyhero
    homerismyhero Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    It's good to have friends in all stages- helps you keep on track and makes you aware of what struggles people have at different points and sometimes how you can avoid some of the same troubles.
  • olivia0428
    Options
    I had mine about 6 months ago and down aprox 60 lbs wanting to loose 40 more but I need motivation too!
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I am 3.5 years out and applaude your strength! This is not an easy path to walk and we can all use all the help we can get.
  • katematt313
    katematt313 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Welcome back :smile: Feel free to friend me!