Venus Index - Getting started

Hello! My name is Chris and I am a lifer fat girl... I have tried it all, including weight loss surgery without success. I recently had a baby and realized that even as a fat girl, I was a lot healthier a couple of years ago. It is time for me to start eating better and getting stronger. I decided on the Venus program for a couple of reasons:

1. Flexible eating without restrictions. As long as I keep my calorie count on track, I can eat anything I want. No need to get crazy with carb counting, etc.
2. NO CARDIO!!
3. Easy to follow weight training based workout that can be done with minimal equipment either at home or at the Gym.
4. I only have to work out 3 days a week!
5. Did I mention NO CARDIO? Don't get me wrong, I do plenty of cardio between roller derby and chasing a baby... But how boring are treadmills, ellipticals, and stairclimbers? Ugh! With Venus you train your muscles to burn fat for you and give you a feminine shape all without Cardio!

So that's it. I read it, started tracking my foods here, and started my first workout yesterday. I will weigh in again on Sunday and see where I am for the week.

For the first time in a long time I am feeling good about a program and that's it's not just another fad. Am I right? Only time will tell....

Replies

• krustyoldhag
    krustyoldhag Posts: 65 Member
    Hey Chris! I just joined the Venus ladies this past week! I am happy to have found your group!
    I officially started the program yesterday! Still have a ton of stuff to read through.
    I hope you have had success with the program!
  • rosebuds_78
    rosebuds_78 Posts: 6 Member
    I have just finished my first week of venus and am down 5 pounds! And I'm so surprised by how easy it's been to keep my calories down. I feel like it's really teaching me that i don't need to stuff myself constantly. Very excited to keep moving through!
  • Ellevated
    Ellevated Posts: 192 Member
    Hi all! Just discovered the Venus Index yesterday! Feel free to add me!