Marvel's Agent Carter new tv show

Options
lacroyx
lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
Anyone catch it? Saw the 2 hr pilot the other night. Takes place during the same era as the first Captain America movie and follows Peggy Carter.

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Yes, I was very pleasantly surprised, I actually really enjoyed it.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I liked it too. It's interesting seeing Jarvis in person. I've read more up on it and so far the plan is just for a short run of 8/9 episodes while Agents of SHIELD is on break and nothing beyond that. Who knows though? It may get another season if it gains enough popularity.
  • HoneyFrogger
    HoneyFrogger Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    OMG It was soooo good :D so enjoyable !
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I did like it, I'm not much a comics geek but she's a great character. Is Howard Stark Tony Stark's father?
  • Francl27
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    I did like it, I'm not much a comics geek but she's a great character. Is Howard Stark Tony Stark's father?

Yes.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

Yes.

Witness my ninja-level Marvel Verse knowledge ;)
  • Francl27
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

Yes.

Witness my ninja-level Marvel Verse knowledge ;)

Lol! I only know the MCU. Never read a comic. My 6 yo twins know much more about Marvel characters than I do (from cartoons, and they've seen most of the movies by now too)...
  • honeynutloop
    honeynutloop Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Watched the first couple of episodes last night and enjoyed it. Looking forward to more
  • jonsmithkidd
    jonsmithkidd Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Not on in the UK!! Very annoying...
  • KimWW
    KimWW Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I feel for you, jonsmithkidd. It is nice. Plus, with Peggy and Jarvis, more UK accents than one usually hears on US tv, other than villains.
  • Francl27
    Options
    The last episode was a bit more boring, but still one of the shows I'm most looking forward to every week.
  • NicolaMichelle93
    NicolaMichelle93 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    I hope it comes to the UK! Need something to plug the gap whilst I wait for agents of SHIELD to come back on :(
  • Francl27
    Options
    Actually kinda bummed because its ratings are not great, and we might not get another season. Last night's episode was pretty good.
  • Codilee87
    Codilee87 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I missed the first couple of episodes but lately I've been watching while I lift. I'm enjoying it and hope it gets a few seasons.
  • kodiakke
    kodiakke Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Haven't started watching it (used to read/collect Marvel comics, love the MCU, etc...) but wasn't a fan of S.H.I.E.L.D. So I didn't bother with this. I'm guessing I should try it....
  • DaFibble
    DaFibble Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Saw first three episodes back to back last night. First thing that stood out was the great production values. Other than that felt nothing was exceptional while at the same time everything was decent enough to keep me wanting more. I hope it gets renewed.
  • jonsmithkidd
    jonsmithkidd Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I hope it comes to the UK! Need something to plug the gap whilst I wait for agents of SHIELD to come back on :(

^^^This
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I am a bit behind on the series, but loving it so far. Going to catch up this weekend. I really like her character, also enjoying the look at the time period and how men expected women to go back to their role prior to the war after being part of the working world or in this case the war.
  • Dizzzlel
    Dizzzlel Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    It hasn't started here in NZ yet, and I must admit when I first saw the ad for it I thought "not another spin-off" , but after reading your comments Im going to have to give it a look.
  • KickassAugust
    KickassAugust Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I wasn't a fan... Couldn't get into it...