Surge and odd activity input/calorie burn

Options
I was lucky enough to get a Surge for Christmas. I've traditionally used MFP with Endomondo (including a HRM). I have Endomondo set up to sync with FitBit.

In my old method, I'd get a "Todd burned xx calories doing yy minutes of zz," based on the activity logged into Endomondo. Since switching to the Surge, I'm getting an update each day that says that I burned something like 3 calories for doing 1 minute of walking (which is for a mile long / 20 min walk). I'm not sure if this is trying to show something above/beyond my traditional calorie burn?

Even yesterday, I did about 20 minutes of treadmill, 20 minutes of elliptical, and 20 minutes of spinning - all of which i started/stopped on the Surge. MFP import from Endomondo tracked it as "burned 291 calories doing 65 minutes of walking."

I was really hoping this watch would help me avoid constantly pulling out my phone to start/stop activities. While the FitBit calorie adjustment is probably about right - it's annoying to not see any of my actual activities logged into MFP. I may just wind up going back to doing manual input in Endomondo and turning of calorie adjustment from steps into FitBit...which kind of defeats the purpose of the watch?

Anyone else using the Surge and can provide some help?

Replies

• NCMeg
    NCMeg Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm using the Surge, and it does the same thing. But, before I had the surge, I had a bodymedia arm band, and it showed the same thing - just a daily total, not broken down. I think it has more to do with the way the two site communicate. Neither give specific information in mfp, but if you log in to the fitbit website, it gives you very detailed information regarding your activities.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Workouts on Fitbit have never synced over to MFP.

Only the total daily calorie burn does.

Are you syncing the Fitbit activities over to Endomondo, and then back over to Fitbit?

Because that will then sync it back over to Fitbit as a manual activity. And then a manual activity should go over to endomondo.
    Sense a problem happening here?

I'd suggest just leave it synced correctly, I don't think the way you have it now though.

And then just go create a wall posting about your workout.

If you want a workout to show up - why not have it show up with more detail, rather than silly little note without much info?