Hello from chilly Chicagoland!

Options
terikate3
terikate3 Posts: 6 Member
hi all!
I'm Teri. This April I will be 43. My weight journey has been very Oprah like for my entire adult life. Up and down and up and up and up! After years of infertility, which caused the domino effect of depression and all that fun stuff. I had a hysterectomy at 36 after finally coming to terms that I was given the beautiful gift of my almost 14 year old daughter and that is enough. Since then I have either lost some weight or maintained. I lost my mom to a sudden and quick cancer which actually didn't derail me but made actually made me stronger and more determined. Since then I am slowly chipping away at the reasons I am overweight and what my roadblocks are.

It has been slow and steady but I am finally started to take the pounds off. The changes I have made have basically been just eating better and smaller portions and of course using MFP and fitbit. While I am not a "Clean Eater" I have learned from the philosophy and have really focused on making better choices. Not just for me, but for my husband and daughter as well. I cook more often and we eat out much less.

The main thing is that while I have mini goals I have no deadline or reason other than just getting healthier for ME! And taking care of ME! I have always put my needs and health aside. I now realize that I will never truly be healthy until I learn to love me and take care of me. Mind and body! Sounds cheesy but it is what it is.

So now my next step is to find MFP friends. I have been journaling and blogging to myself for months, I think it's time to have others with me on my (our) journey! I assure you I am very supportive. Some days I can't always spend too much time on here if I am working (12 hour shifts). But I will always try to be there for any friend!

I have to go make dinner now! Please feel free to friend me! Happy Friday all!