Runs and Events in 2015

Options
carolssalva
carolssalva Posts: 546 Member
edited August 2015 in Social Groups
Oct 17th: John Hammer Jammer is our team captain for Tough Mudder Las Vegas. (check out our mudrunner page to see if this type of thing is right for you... www.fat2fithq.com/mudrun)
Team name: Gunrunners Password: Gunrunners

So which one are you doing???

Replies

• Hmrjmr1
    Hmrjmr1 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Oct 17th for the Vegas Mudder. C;mon and get some!
  • carolssalva
    Options
    Hmrjmr1 wrote: »
    Oct 17th for the Vegas Mudder. C;mon and get some!
    Woo HOO!!
  • kris3b
    kris3b Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    It is difficult for me to commit to one yet. I need to see what happens after ACL surgery. Looks like I am not going to be able to have surgery until April since I have a conference in Toronto in March.

The Kentucky one catches my eye since dad lives down there. Of course it will depend on where in KY it is and looks like they haven't finalized the location yet. The one in 2013 was four hours through the mountains. I do want to do the Black Bear Festival run down there in 2015. I would get to run past dad's house. Pretty cool:)

I added them all to my Google calendar:)
  • carolssalva
    Options
    kris3b wrote: »
    It is difficult for me to commit to one yet. I need to see what happens after ACL surgery. Looks like I am not going to be able to have surgery until April since I have a conference in Toronto in March.

The Kentucky one catches my eye since dad lives down there. Of course it will depend on where in KY it is and looks like they haven't finalized the location yet. The one in 2013 was four hours through the mountains. I do want to do the Black Bear Festival run down there in 2015. I would get to run past dad's house. Pretty cool:)

I added them all to my Google calendar:)

No rush but I Hope to get a hug from you in 2015 Kristin!
  • tnorkus
    Options
    Lots of local events here in NJ/NYC Metro area. Miles for Music 20k in March. Long Island Half Marathon in May. Spartan Sprint in June. Boilermaker 15k in Upstate NY in July(hopefully if I get in). Warrior Dash in August in PA. Random 5k's sprinkled in for good measure. Don't have my fall/winter schedule set yet. :wink:
  • carolssalva
    Options
    tnorkus wrote: »
    Lots of local events here in NJ/NYC Metro area. Miles for Music 20k in March. Long Island Half Marathon in May. Spartan Sprint in June. Boilermaker 15k in Upstate NY in July(hopefully if I get in). Warrior Dash in August in PA. Random 5k's sprinkled in for good measure. Don't have my fall/winter schedule set yet. :wink:

Wow Tom! Awesome!! If I'm ever up in the NE I would probably get to come cheer you on as you're in a LOT of runs! Let us know if you're looking for team mates.
    Keep us posted!
  • kris3b
    kris3b Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I signed up for a July mud run in MI. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xACm-AZqloA&feature=share
    czof37pi0bj7.png

I am on the fence about whether I should have since I want to have my surgery done in the spring and I am not sure if I will be properly healed by July. Another race I want to do is the Detroit Free Press half marathon. This makes me somewhat nervous as it would be my first half and since you go into Canada, you have to take the bridge and tunnel. Afraid I might have an anxiety attack traveling through the tunnel and over the bridge. haha
    http://www.freepmarathon.com/info/map
  • carolssalva
    Options
    Kris - your Mudfactor run looks like a blast!! Just make wise choices. Take it very easy if you do it or don't do it if you're not healed well. There will always be other runs.

And don't worry about tunnels. You are a beast and that tunnel stands no chance!!!

GO LADY!