Cucumbers...unite! 5/31/2013

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
http://www.vegetariantimes.com/article/cucumbers/?utm_source=MyVegetarianTimes&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=MyVegetarianTimes

Well, since it is 90 degrees here this is right on time!!!!!! What a cool and refreshing way to get your veggies in a tasty way too! Cucumbers are screaming "we are not just an addition to salads! We are more!" So listen to them and use them today in a different way!
Crunch! I am going to try the recipes!

Peace,
WW

Replies

• garlic7girl
    Options
    I forgot to add, I actually did try the blueberry cucumber and I was so surprised how GOOD it was! Mmmmm!
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Another thing that cucmbers are good for is adding to your water when you want to flavor it a little bit, just slice up your fave fruit and some Cukes (works especially well with lemons, limes, oranges, and grapefruits), add to a pitcher of water and ice (or refrigerate) and drink a nice cool refreshing pitcher of water with a nice fruity twist
  • lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I never knew. Thanks for sharing.
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    As a kid I used to get a cucumber with a red ribbon from my grandma every Christmas. It was all I ever asked her for.

Yeah, I was a bit of a weird kid.
  • NatashaShen
    NatashaShen Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Sad to say, this is not a challenge for me. I can't stand cucumbers and I'm also allergic. I have been eating apples though, thats new for me.
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    I have fallen in love with the cocktail cucumbers from Costco. They are so yummy and crunchy. I have had them in water but that wasn't something I liked. As a kid we use to have cukes with onions, dill, and vinegar as a salad. I never at the onions.
  • GormanGhaste
    GormanGhaste Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I will be sure to pick up a cucumber this week at the store, but I think I'll stick with my traditional hummus & cucumber sandwich!
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    As a kid I used to get a cucumber with a red ribbon from my grandma every Christmas. It was all I ever asked her for.

Yeah, I was a bit of a weird kid.

OKAY NOW ARE YOU SERIOUS OR PULLING OUR LEG?
  • AggieFan2011
    AggieFan2011 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I love cucumbers!! Thanks for the new ideas on how to incorporate them into my diet more. :smile: