BREAKFAST MEAL IDEAS

Options
NikonPal
NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
Someone had asked for sample breakfast ideas elsewhere, so I thought I would share here as well. :)

MyBreakfastRecipes1_zpsc5ce6454.jpg

Replies

• balancedwalker
    balancedwalker Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Awesome
  • forevertoday
    forevertoday Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Yummy!
  • garyandkimber
    garyandkimber Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    They look amazing! Any recipes that don't involve special ingredient? (We live abroad and special ingredients can be hard to find...)
  • NikonPal
    Options
    They look amazing! Any recipes that don't involve special ingredient? (We live abroad and special ingredients can be hard to find...)

Only once in awhile any special ingredient. To me everything starts as a visual with food. I never eat from a container and always make meals as if they were for company and not some "diet" meal.

Breakfast is usually my light meal of the day and I almost always keep things between 150-250 so I can play with other meals during the day and save a few calories for a night snack.

Today was - BREAKFAST: Egg Busters, 1/4 cup; Canadian Bacon 1 Thick Slice; Light Oatmeal toast, 0.5 slices; Fat Free American Cheese, 0.5 slice; Driscoll - Raspberries, 1 oz; Broccoli 1 oz., Seasoned quinoa, tomato & feta cheese, 0.2g Green / red Grapes, 2.25 oz. TOTAL CALORIES: 194
  • wonderss99
    Options
    All of those look yummy! :)
  • paigeorose92
    paigeorose92 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    These all look great! Last week I started making breakfast burritos with sausage and hash browns in a wheat tortilla... less than 200 calories and keeps me full til lunchtime!
  • NikonPal
    Options
    ...breakfast burritos with sausage and hash browns in a wheat tortilla... less than 200 calories...!

My kind of food and calories...:) Any recipe?
  • paigeorose92
    paigeorose92 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    NikonPal wrote: »
    ...breakfast burritos with sausage and hash browns in a wheat tortilla... less than 200 calories...!

My kind of food and calories...:) Any recipe?

Sure! I kept it simple: Oreida hash browns and jimmy dean spicy sausage. Cook the hash browns according to the package, then the sausage and wrap in a small wheat tortilla. I made 16 and froze them. Make sure to let the hash browns/sausage cool before you make the burritos and freeze them (so they don't get soggy).
  • Kenda2427
    Kenda2427 Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Look amazing Nikonpal!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Wow, those look great. I tend to like a bigger breakfast (400 or around that) but its cool you have such variety.
  • danelutza19
    danelutza19 Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    I can't get enough of these pictures!
    I love what they inspire: self love, self respect and happiness!!!
    Yes, we can take our lives back, one plate at a time!
    Thank you NikonPal!!