WEEK 6 THURSDAY

37 “Do not judge others, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn others, or it will all come back against you. Forgive others, and you will be forgiven. 38 Give, and you will receive. Your gift will return to you in full—pressed down, shaken together to make room for more, running over, and poured into your lap. The amount you give will determine the amount you get back.”

39 Then Jesus gave the following illustration: “Can one blind person lead another? Won’t they both fall into a ditch? 40 Students are not greater than their teacher. But the student who is fully trained will become like the teacher.

41 “And why worry about a speck in your friend’s eye when you have a log in your own? 42 How can you think of saying, ‘Friend, let me help you get rid of that speck in your eye,’ when you can’t see past the log in your own eye? Hypocrite! First get rid of the log in your own eye; then you will see well enough to deal with the speck in your friend’s eye.

Replies

• kimbershep
    kimbershep Posts: 72
    LUKE 6:37-42

OBSERVATION
    Vs 37 and 38 are self explanatory. Individuals are so quick to point out what is wrong with someone else or what they are doing or saying that is wrong however do they really hold themselves to that same standard as the person whom they are focusing on? I used to be that way but thank God for a conscience and the Holy Spirit for showing me when I do the same thing I point out in the next person. This is why we should develop a compassionate and forgiving attitude towards others. It will take getting your fill of God's Word in that area, praying and fasting to get to that point because you cannot make yourself that way. God changes you. We have to remember that we are known by our fruit that we bear. I would like to sprout forth good fruit which includes longsufftering, compassion, love and forgiving :)

Vs 39 and 40 were stated for a reason. We all need a covering...meaning a shepherd to help teach us the way and when we stray, lead us back on the right path. I know that we all can read the bible for ourselves however God has anointed individuals as pastors, teachers, ministers, evangelists, etc. to assist here on earth and to help watch over us. It is very important that we are under a pastor's/leader's covering so that we will have someone to go to that will be responsible for us. Can 2 people that don't know that much about the Word lead each other? This is essentially what is being asked. You must have that person that will lead you and that person is anointed to lead (pastor). While we are under someone's leadership, we must remain teachable. We don't know it all and shouldn't walk around with the "know-it-all" spirit. We learn as we engage in bible study in a group setting and when we study for ourselves. We then become like the teacher when we have learned the Word and go forth and share it.

Vs 41 and 42 is also self explanatory. I remember a song my grandmother used to play on her old record player back in the day - "Sweep around your own front door, before you try to sweep around mine." Don't worry about what the next person is doing when you know that you are not perfect. Do not sit in the seat of judgement but pray that that person will gain understanding and will repent and head in the right direction. As long as we are in this earthly flesh, we will sin. We all fall daily whether we intentionally do it or not. Therefore, we have NO room to point out something in someone else.

These verses are a mouthful and I believe it probably was offensive to the Pharisees who thought they did no wrong and had all the right to point out sin in everyone else. They were teachers of the law and they were on a different level. Well, it doesn't matter if you are a teacher of the Word, pastor, minister or anything else. We ALL fall short of God's glory and have to renew our minds daily and ask for repentence. Anyone who says they do not sin is a liar and the truth is not in them. That is Word.

APPLICATION
    Just as people have to "meet me where I am" I will learn to "meet people where they are." Meaning, I know that I am not 100% where I need to be therefore when it comes to dealing with other people, I will longsuffer. I will have patience. I will still love and have compassion. I will still forgive for I realize that they are human just as I am.

PRAYER
    Heavenly Father, thank you for meeting me where I am and loving me just the same:) I know that you are Spirit but if I can hug you I would just to let you know that I love you and appreciate you for being the BEST Father in the world. You are better to me than I am to myself. Thank you for live everlasting and your Son Jesus Christ who made it possible. I pray that you will continue to change me daily and mold me into the person you would like for me to be. I pray these blessings in Jesus Christ name, Amen.