WEEK 6 FRIDAY

43 “A good tree can’t produce bad fruit, and a bad tree can’t produce good fruit. 44 A tree is identified by its fruit. Figs are never gathered from thornbushes, and grapes are not picked from bramble bushes. 45 A good person produces good things from the treasury of a good heart, and an evil person produces evil things from the treasury of an evil heart. What you say flows from what is in your heart.

46 “So why do you keep calling me ‘Lord, Lord!’ when you don’t do what I say? 47 I will show you what it’s like when someone comes to me, listens to my teaching, and then follows it. 48 It is like a person building a house who digs deep and lays the foundation on solid rock. When the floodwaters rise and break against that house, it stands firm because it is well built. 49 But anyone who hears and doesn’t obey is like a person who builds a house without a foundation. When the floods sweep down against that house, it will collapse into a heap of ruins.”

Replies

• kimbershep
    kimbershep Posts: 72
    LUKE 6: 43-49

OBSERVATION
    The tree represents our heart and what comes out is the fruit. We are known by what is in our hearts and typically how we present ourselves is what is in our heart. Simply speaking, if we are an evil, vandictive person, evil actions will come out of us. If we are a loving person, love will be shown forth in our actions. I was always told....make a person mad and how they react will truthfully show a person's true colors lol. Of the abundance of the heart(what is in the heart) the mouth speaks it generally agrees with what is innermost and uppermost in the heart: He that speaks of the earth is earthly,John 3:31.

It is not nearly enough to just call Jesus your Lord and Savior but we MUST obey His commands. When we hear the words of the Lord and profess it but turn around and do the opposite its as if we are crucifying Him all over again. Its as they were mocking Him while on the cross, "Hail the King of the Jews" but we walk away being right in our own eyes. Those who hear, speak and walk in the way of the Lord is like a house build on a solid foundation. Those who hear, speak, but walk according to the way of the world but also full of religion is like a house with no foundation at all and the smallest storm will come and tear it down. Those who have a good foundation are storing up and preparing for the worst (hiding the Word in their hearts so they might not sin against the Lord Psalm 119:11).

APPLICATION
    Renew my mind daily and continuously plant seeds of the Word in my heart so that I will bear good fruit no matter what situations come along. Remain focused so that I will not just hear the Word but also walk in the admonition of the Lord.

PRAYER
    Heavenly Father, create in me a pure heart and renew within me the right spirit so that I will be able to show for good fruit. Help me to show forth love even in the midst of times that is hard. I need you each and every day and I ask that you be with me to direct my ways. I pray in Jesus name, Amen