WEEK 7 MONDAY

When Jesus had finished saying all this to the people, he returned to Capernaum. 2 At that time the highly valued slave of a Roman officer was sick and near death. 3 When the officer heard about Jesus, he sent some respected Jewish elders to ask him to come and heal his slave. 4 So they earnestly begged Jesus to help the man. “If anyone deserves your help, he does,” they said, 5 “for he loves the Jewish people and even built a synagogue for us.”

6 So Jesus went with them. But just before they arrived at the house, the officer sent some friends to say, “Lord, don’t trouble yourself by coming to my home, for I am not worthy of such an honor. 7 I am not even worthy to come and meet you. Just say the word from where you are, and my servant will be healed. 8 I know this because I am under the authority of my superior officers, and I have authority over my soldiers. I only need to say, ‘Go,’ and they go, or ‘Come,’ and they come. And if I say to my slaves, ‘Do this,’ they do it.”

9 When Jesus heard this, he was amazed. Turning to the crowd that was following him, he said, “I tell you, I haven’t seen faith like this in all Israel!” 10 And when the officer’s friends returned to his house, they found the slave completely healed.

Replies

• kimbershep
    kimbershep Posts: 72
    LUKE 7:1-9

OBSERVATION
    Being a Gentile and also a Roman officer, there were so many things that could have hindered the officer from reaching out to Jesus. Being an officer, he had authority over Jews (respect), he had money and you know what have been said a lot...money, power and respect is what most people are after and when they get it, they feel as though they are untouchable. They become full of pride. This officer was not full of pride but of love and compassion. His servant, one that he obviously cared for was dying and He believed enough in Jesus - who He was and what He has done, to reach out to Him to save and heal his servant. To Jesus, this was such an amazing act of faith. He wasn't brought up in the teachings of Jesus however he heard and believed in Jesus and at the time of need acted out in faith. I believe this is how it is supposed to be with us and those who do not know Jesus Christ.

APPLICATION
    I've never seen Jesus Christ but have heard, believed and stepped out in faith to accpet Him as my personal Lord and Savior. I continue to look to Him to direct my path and help in the time of trouble. I believe!

PRAYER
    Heavenly Father, thank you for the mind to want to know Christ. I ask that you bless those who are not saved...my family and friends and those of others. Place a stirring in their hearts and spirit that will lead them on their knees to cry out to you to be saved. Bless them right now in the name of Jesus Christ I pray, Amen.