WEEK 7 THURSDAY

36 One of the Pharisees asked Jesus to have dinner with him, so Jesus went to his home and sat down to eat. 37 When a certain immoral woman from that city heard he was eating there, she brought a beautiful alabaster jar filled with expensive perfume. 38 Then she knelt behind him at his feet, weeping. Her tears fell on his feet, and she wiped them off with her hair. Then she kept kissing his feet and putting perfume on them.

39 When the Pharisee who had invited him saw this, he said to himself, “If this man were a prophet, he would know what kind of woman is touching him. She’s a sinner!”

40 Then Jesus answered his thoughts. “Simon,” he said to the Pharisee, “I have something to say to you.”

“Go ahead, Teacher,” Simon replied.

41 Then Jesus told him this story: “A man loaned money to two people—500 pieces of silver to one and 50 pieces to the other. 42 But neither of them could repay him, so he kindly forgave them both, canceling their debts. Who do you suppose loved him more after that?”

43 Simon answered, “I suppose the one for whom he canceled the larger debt.”

“That’s right,” Jesus said.

Replies

• kimbershep
    kimbershep Posts: 72
    LUKE 7: 36-43

OBSERVATION
    Sometimes its good to keep our mouths closed. If not, we end up placing our feet in there. Jesus ended up showing Simon, who is associated with the Pharisees, how even the lowliest sinner can come out on top over them. The woman's faith was sincere and she obviously knew she was wrong but wanted help and to repent of her sins. They are oblivious to their wrongdoings because of their self-righteousness.

APPLICATION
    Not to compare myself to others but focus on loving everyone as the Word of God states. Its clearly not how more righteous I am but how sincere my heart is towards God, His commands and His people.

PRAYER
    Heavenly Father, please help me to keep a sincere heart and a love for your Word so that I will continuously look to you. In Jesus, name Amen.
  • kristina1709
    kristina1709 Posts: 119 Member
    Observation:
    *God is the only one with the authority to judge ANYONE.
    *Its not our place to judge. God frowns upon this when we do.
    *Forgive just as we have been forgiven.

Application:
    *I will not look down upon anyone in any situation. Its mine or anyone else place to criticize. I will leave that to God.
    *Forgive those who have wronged me, as hard as it is.

Prayer:
    Father Help me to forgive others and not condemn, you know I struggle with this daily. Help me to continue to not judge others and see the good in everyone. Thank you father for your forgiveness. In Jesus' name, Amen.