Bad day

Options
15off
15off Posts: 48 Member
Was at an annual brunch today where I usually eat way too much. This time I had only one plate of food but its impossible to figure out how much I had of what etc... So I had to guesstimate and in doing that I went way over my daily limit. I took a 3 mile walk this morning but even that is not enough to undo the damage. So frustrated. I lose 3 gain 2 lose 2 and gain 3. I think in the past 3 years I have lost 50 pounds but my weight hasn't changed more than 4 pounds...( higher) cause its the same 5 pounds I keep losing and putting back on over and over again. Maddening !

Replies

• Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    One meal isn't going to ruin your progress. Shake it off and get after it tomorrow. You can do this!
  • Jams009
    Jams009 Posts: 345 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Don't be so hard on yourself; I've had a terrible weekend calorie wise, but it doesn't bother me at all because I know that for every bad day I've had, I've had about 7 good ones.

As long as on average, over the long term, you are under your calorie goal, you will lose weight. The occasional spike or drop in calories doesn't make much difference; it's the habits you follow week by week, month by month that you need to focus on improving.

Just log it, forget about it and keep focusing on the normal day to day; that is what has the biggest impact on your weight.

Good luck.
  • qxana1969
    qxana1969 Posts: 9,330 Member
    Options
    I understand your feeling but as others have suggested, put it in perspective - the on target days are greater than the "bad" days. I try to look at the "bad" days as a learning reminder for those moments I want to eat more than I want to stay focused....usually I rather feel the progress than the guilt. The important things are you put it out there which holds you accountable and you walked. It's all good....we are here to support you!!!!