Gluten Free Cake and Muffin Advice

Options
2»

Replies

• nathotte
    nathotte Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm gluten and dairy free, subbed the butter in the betty crocker brownies for vegetable shortening, came out moist and delicious. Also have made a peanut butter cake that was GF and DF.

8 ounces smooth peanut butter
    4 large eggs
    3/4 cups sugar

Beat the eggs on high for 8 minutes
    Add the sugar, beat it another minute on medium-high
    Add peanut butter and beat (or hand mix) until just mixed.

Place in a parchment lined and greased cake pan.
    Bake on 375 for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

For icing I made a glaze using powdered sugar, almond milk and vanilla then topped the whole thing with flaked coconuts.

Even my boyfriend brags to everyone about that cake. It came out spongy and smooth and moist and delicious.
  • AndineC
    AndineC Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    [Thanks ts hard to find gf df recipes. I really miss desserts lol

quote="nathotte;31556028"]I'm gluten and dairy free, subbed the butter in the betty crocker brownies for vegetable shortening, came out moist and delicious. Also have made a peanut butter cake that was GF and DF.

8 ounces smooth peanut butter
    4 large eggs
    3/4 cups sugar

Beat the eggs on high for 8 minutes
    Add the sugar, beat it another minute on medium-high
    Add peanut butter and beat (or hand mix) until just mixed.

Place in a parchment lined and greased cake pan.
    Bake on 375 for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

For icing I made a glaze using powdered sugar, almond milk and vanilla then topped the whole thing with flaked coconuts.

Even my boyfriend brags to everyone about that cake. It came out spongy and smooth and moist and delicious.[/quote]

• alliesgettinghealthy
    alliesgettinghealthy Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    So far I have only tried mixes but the Betty Crocker gluten free chocolate cake mix is definitely good as well as the Krustez Gluten Free Brownie Mix. They are also both really easy and super yummy. I'm fairly picky about baked goods too, they are both very very similar to their gluten containing counterparts! :)