new to fitbit with questions!

Options
I just bought the fitbit flex yesterday and used it for half of the day. The fitbit app is only calculating calories burned and nothing else. I even turned it on to sleep mode while sleeping and it didn't log anything under sleep on the dashboard. Anyone know what I need to do?! After looking into it for 2 hrs and contacting fitbit I'm ready to send it back!:-/ Also when it comes to calories burned from my fibit if I reached my daily goal each day do i necessarily have to count calories on mfp to lose weight? I am so confused!

Replies

• leooftheyear
    leooftheyear Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    count calories on MFP, it will synch with Fitbit. I have found that my sleep will not get logged until i take it out of sleep mode.
  • emmylouhowell
    Options
    I'm also very confused, i can't get it to wirk with my phone so how do i turn sleep mode on and off? Also do i log walking as exerciseon mpf if fitbitis doing steps as it hasn't added extra calories in the adjustment for the walking part mmmmmmm this thing feels kindof pointlessifi have to log everything into mfp for it to work out how many calories i need etc.
  • NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    I have a One, not a Flex (my new Charge HR should be in my mailbox today), so I can't help with the sleep mode part, but I can tell you how I've handled exercise since I got my One.

I found that the easiest thing to do was to use FitBit to track exercise (and general activity, of course) and tell MFP how many calories I've burned and use MFP to log my food and tell FitBit how much I've eaten. So no, you don't need to log things twice. That can really make things confused.
  • leooftheyear
    leooftheyear Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    NancyN795 wrote: »
    I have a One, not a Flex (my new Charge HR should be in my mailbox today), so I can't help with the sleep mode part, but I can tell you how I've handled exercise since I got my One.

I found that the easiest thing to do was to use FitBit to track exercise (and general activity, of course) and tell MFP how many calories I've burned and use MFP to log my food and tell FitBit how much I've eaten. So no, you don't need to log things twice. That can really make things confused.

^^ This, to get it in and out of sleep mode you just tap it a couple times until it flashes two lights and vibrates, i believe it is the 2nd and 4th, which means its in sleep mode, and to get it out of sleep mode you tap it again until it vibrates and flashes all 5 lights.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest everyone read the stickies at the top of this group - some simple concepts being missed that are already spelled out for you to read, no need to even ask.