New Drivers Lisc photos?

Options
Has anyone here had to get a New Drivers Lisc or ID because there face NOW doesnt match the one on the lisc/Id?
Im getting ready to travel on vacation and noticed that my DR lisc and passport photos dont look anything like me... i was wondering if anyone has had issues with this or problems while travling?

Replies

• HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    I get funny looks... a lot! I had it redone about 2 months post op but I have lost 50+ since then. Really could use a new pic. My passport photo is soooooooo old. I really doubt they would let me fly international on it hahaha! "This is not you?!?!" Yeah/// sigh.
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I am due for a new one in Oct of this year but thinking of getting it done sooner. My pic looks nothing like me now!
  • shirleygirl910
    shirleygirl910 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    One of the ladies in my group showed us her driver's license and I would have never guessed it was her. She said she went to visit her daughters in NY, got off the plane and sat on a bench right next to her daughter and the daughter didn't even recognize her. She got the biggest kick out of it, but she really doesn't look like the same person at all.

I was looking at mine the other day, and was thinking of getting it redone, but I don't want to mess with it right now, and I don't plan on going anywere.
  • dward59
    dward59 Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    I'm not due for a new license until 2018. I can guarantee that I'm going in before that! I'm thinking once I hit Twoterville, then when I hit goal.

If I was planning travel, especially overseas travel, yes, I would get my passport and/or DL updated if there is enough change, or even if it just makes YOU feel better.
  • KimberlyinMN
    KimberlyinMN Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Ha!! I need a new picture too. So... I've lost 127 pounds, but I'm only 40 pounds less than what I have on my driver's license.
  • KimberlyinMN
    KimberlyinMN Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Dumb question, but can we just go in and ask for a new driver's license?
  • dward59
    dward59 Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Dumb question, but can we just go in and ask for a new driver's license?

Not a dumb question, and it may vary from state to state. You will of course have to pay for a new license. You may have to fill out paperwork on why you need a new one, at least my son did when he lost his wallet and had to replace his license. But lost/stolen/mangled licenses get replaced all the time.

I don't think it should be a problem. Congratulations on needing the new license!
  • MrsKTillman
    Options
    I was very glad i got a new drivers lisc... coming back into the US, the customs officer held my passport up to me and looked three times! i was getting ready to haul out my DL if he asked LOL... and yes.. it felt realllllllllllllly good!
    When i went in to get the new one... the lady asked me why i needed a new one, i told her to LOOK at the photo on the old one... then LOOK at me! She just smiled, blushed and i got a new one LOL
  • ChrisTina_Fisher
    Options
    My DL isn't up for renewal until January 2014. I think I'll wait until then to get a new picture. I'll be much closer to my goal at that time. Also, I don't currently drive, so it's really not an issue. Oh, I don't travel either. Never had a passport.