Frustrated!

Options
awhitley
awhitley Posts: 64 Member
I have done this before...lost 50 lbs then gained it all back. So I know the drill. I know the ups and downs. I know to be patient, to drink more water, to change up what I'm eating, to get a good night's sleep, watch my sodium intake, exercise, and keep pluggin away.

But all that doesn't change the fact that when the scale doesn't move at all for 6 days, that I don't get frustrated. Hasn't moved even .1...nothing. I seriously thought about throwing my scale this morning...but I restrained myself. I took deep breaths and told myself that I should be thankful because I hadn't gained. I am still frustrated.

I posted this not because I am necessarily looking for advice but just to vent to people who I know understand. This journey is tough. Worth it but tough.

Replies

• cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    It is hard and so completely frustrating! Have you taken pictures and measurements? I find that halos soothe my inner scale rage to look at those and see my progress. Deep breaths and just keep doing what you know how to do! (I'm a mother-I have to give advice lol!-make certain you are being accurate with your logging and conservative with your exercise numbers!)
  • awhitley
    awhitley Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I don't mind advice especially if someone knows something I don't. :) I have taken pics but I was just thinking this morning that I needed to track measurements too. Thanks for the reminder!
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    Double check your logging accuracy, but other than that, it's just patience.

Focus on habit instead of weight. Celebrate healthy behavior! The behavior is what you have control over, you can't control what number pops up on the scale. If you're doing the right things (eating at a deficit), the weight will come off eventually. But consistent behavior is what causes it and what you can actually do something about. Being consistent will lead you to build new habits, which are what you need to succeed in the long run. So celebrate that instead.
  • balancedwalker
    balancedwalker Posts: 686 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    6 days are too short a time on your life's log scale. But to calibrate your scale let other family members use the same scale for same duration.

Since you have done it in the past you can certainly do it again. Stay focused.