Half year/ 2015 year update!!

Options
changsofa
changsofa Posts: 37
edited January 2015 in Social Groups
Hi all 5 feeter ladies :)

I've just discovered the "community" tab under my mobile app, and happily typing away this half year progress post. It's practically 6 months since the conception of this group and I can't thank the awesome MFP participants that I've met and kept me in check!!

So during his MFP tracking period, my weight went ever so slowly from 134lbs ish to 128lbs. Though my original goal was to "lose 10lbs", I accept that my weight can go down slowly as well as fluctuate 1-2lbs between each time that I weight myself. But more important than weight changes, I've become a lot more aware and educated about the foods and their proportion that ends up in my stomach.

For the past 6 months, I've also been keeping up weightlifting, something totally new to me (I picked up Strong Lifts 5x5 btw). I suspect that my muscle gainz contributed to slow weight loss, but I'm totally ok with that. I've never felt leaner, more healthy, and happy with my body. I've noticed increase in confidence in my daily endeavors as well.

If anything, I have nothing but gratefulness for this group of warm internet friends who have whined and cheered with my every downs and ups of my fitness journey (which I've started to document through IG. Find me @sofaias)!

This 2015 I plan to continue learning and keeping up with new lifting routines, new healthy food recipes, and sharing little victories with this community that has motivated me so much.

Now, I realize that this forum group isn't as active as the time of its conception, so I hope that if you are seeing this for the first time as a new 5 feeter, you'd not hesitate to contact me or others who are still very active and interactive through the mobile interface.

Cheers to a 2015 working hard for our goals :)

Replies

• zavrrr
    zavrrr Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Woo! I'm so glad they made groups available on mobile - that is honestly the main reason I hadn't been posting as much, since we were renovating our house all fall & I had to rely on my phone for most of my internetting.

I am in fact down just about exactly ten pounds from this summer, but feeling like I would like to lose a few more by summer. I've been lifting as well (a sort of modified version of SL that works better with my schedule) and doing lots of yoga and I am just generally feeling a lot better about my body, thanks in large part to y'all! So now I'm trying to watch my diet more carefully and hopefully get a bit leaner and just generally develop some better eating habits.

Here's to a great 2015 for all of us!