MFP-->Fitbit isn't syncing 1/13/2015

Options
GBO323
GBO323 Posts: 336 Member
I've noticed the past 2 days that I have to disconnect/reconnect on the MFP side each time I want to get a current step count and calorie total synced. I've done other things like revoke on the FitBit side, change it in the MFP Android app...but the only thing that seems to kick a sync is doing it on the MFP APP page. I've not seen any auto sync updates. They've all been when I've manually pushed it.

For now, I have a shortcut on my Android screen to the MFP website so I can disconnect and reconnect FB/MFP when I'm not at my laptop.

Any timeline on a fix?

Replies

• tsarevna1700
    Options
    Not that it helps, but you aren't alone.
  • agille37
    agille37 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    GBO323 wrote: »
    I've noticed the past 2 days that I have to disconnect/reconnect on the MFP side each time I want to get a current step count and calorie total synced. I've done other things like revoke on the FitBit side, change it in the MFP Android app...but the only thing that seems to kick a sync is doing it on the MFP APP page. I've not seen any auto sync updates. They've all been when I've manually pushed it.

For now, I have a shortcut on my Android screen to the MFP website so I can disconnect and reconnect FB/MFP when I'm not at my laptop.

Any timeline on a fix?

Looming forward to this answer. I emailed the developer but haven't heard back
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Considering it happened last year, and the year before.

Don't hold your breath.

Well, unless doing squats or deadlifts or something where you need a solid core.
  • thunderhorse58
    thunderhorse58 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Mine is syncing the step count on to MFP but not calculating any calorie burn.
  • GBO323
    Options
    I've sent an email to MFP myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/emails/new and hope to get a response of sorts.

Never want to assume they know. :)
  • dsm0001
    dsm0001 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I've had trouble syncing too. For a quick fix, I got to sparkpeople.com and sync my fitbit there and it calculates your calories lost for you. Then I go to MFP and manually put in the amount. A pain, but at least it gives you your numbers.
  • GBO323
    Options
    I got a quick response from the MFP Team...and it WORKED. So, I will share it here:

- First unlink your Fitbit from you MFP account once more
    - Then Log into your Fitbit account at www.fitbit.com
    - Click the gear icon, then settings
    - Next click 'Applications'
    - Then Click the blue 'Revoke Access' button
    - Finally go back the the MFP site and re-link your Fitbit device

This should refresh your link on both sides. Once you have reestablished the connection, if you are using one of our iOS or Android apps and have set up Fitbit with Steps(inside the MFP app), please make sure to also go back in and add Fitbit back to Steps once more as well.
  • SimonSimpson71
    SimonSimpson71 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been having the same issue since before Xmas. I have tried ALL the suggested fixes and not one has worked. My fitbit data has not synced in about 2 months. I was looking at the fitbit surge when available in UK but what's the point of it won't do basic task.

I have even created a new fitbit and MFP account but even that didn't work. Come on MFP please sort it out.