Anyone still active in this group??

Options
smsinger75
smsinger75 Posts: 253 Member
I am a former soldier. Also the proud wife of a retired 1SG. I lost 30 lbs over 3 years ago using this app and going low-carb. Unfortunately, a job that I had got me off track and I put some of the weight back on. I have recommitted to my food plan and exercise plan. Just looking for anyone else that wants to be part of an accountability group.

Replies

• Topdog67
    Topdog67 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I feel off the wagon, also. I just got back on the wagon. Thank you and your husband for your service.
  • smsinger75
    Options
    Same to you!
  • Loskene
    Loskene Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I am retired Navy, but I greatly appreciate and respect my Army sisters and brothers. Being assigned to a submarine meant not a lot of exercise and a lot of food. But at least it was tasty. Now I got to burn off all the flab and get fit. Let's push each other to meet our weight and fitness goals! We can do it. We are Army/Navy/Air Force/Marine/Coast and National Guard STRONG!
  • SelkieGhost
    SelkieGhost Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Nice to see some activity going on in the group. I've noticed that a few of the groups I've stumbled across and joined seem to be nothing but crickets and tumbleweeds for activity.
    Prior active duty AF ('99-'07). I've regained and lost weight once already since getting out. When I divorced, moved stateside, and picked up my current job, I regained that weight back again. Started working on dropping it again this past spring and I'm down 19 lbs, with another 8-10 lbs to go before I'm back where I want to be. Hoping this will be my last yo-yo on weight gain/weight loss, now that everything else seems to have stabilized out.
  • BL_Coleman
    BL_Coleman Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I lost it all ..got pregnant. Gained it back, now time to drop the 20 lbs again..USAF
  • smsinger75
    Options
    Well we can all relate to the hardships of the military. Definitely here to help anyone with their goals. US Army
  • Topdog67
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I want to thank each of you for your service. USMC (86-91) After I got out I started a stressful desk job, my weight ballooned up to just around 300 lbs. Switched jobs about 15 years ago and now I am back down to 201lbs. With more to lose. Looking forward to this journey with you all. Fell off the wagon a few times, but it has finally clicked, I can do this. Feel free to add me.
  • IHAVEPMS247
    IHAVEPMS247 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I am a retired Navy Corpsman - spent a few tours with the Marines. I gained some weight since retiring and really need to lose about 20-30 pounds. I have a trip to Cancun scheduled in April, so trying to lose what I can safely between now and then. I noticed it is much harder to lose weight after going through menopause/hysterectomy and really need to step up my game. I wish you all the best of luck, we can do this!
  • Topdog67
    Options
    Welcome aboard Doc! Thank you for your service!
  • ginnettemoskowitz
    ginnettemoskowitz Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I would like to become active in this group. I am an E5 in the Army Reserve. I want to work to max the APFT in May. I need to lose prob 10 lbs too. Substitute teach in civ sector.
  • Topdog67
    Options
    Thank you for your service ginnette! And welcome. Feel free to add me as a friend if you want.
  • ginnettemoskowitz
    ginnettemoskowitz Posts: 12 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Thank you as well!!
  • EFMcG
    EFMcG Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Army Reserve Carpenter, trying to get good PT scores for WLC and not bulk too much to stay within height and weight.
  • Topdog67
    Options
    Welcome and thank you for your service1