Has your fitbit device ever just reset to zero mid day on you?

Options
I didn't realize just how reliant I was on this thing until it just went wonky. I'd appreciate any help troubleshooting.
I noticed when I woke this morning that my zip didn't show my usual base burn. It was pretty low, like only 200 calories. Its typically much higher. But it recorded my steps most of the day just fine so I didn't worry.
I worked out at lunch, and just went to sync and noticed that the device itself shows zero steps, zero miles. I thought maybe it thought it was midnight for some reason, but it is showing 938 calories burned (its 2pm where I am). The sync also shows zero.

I've had trouble syncing to the dashboard before, but I've never seen the device itself be messed up.
I did replace the battery recently and the dashboard shows it as fully charged.
Any help?

Replies

• xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Have you contacted FitBit? I had mine start resetting itself a while back. It turned out my FitBit was on the fritz and crapped out shortly after that.

ETA: You might try doing a hard reset to see if that works. I did that on mine when it started acting up and it helped keep it going for a few days while I waited for a replacement in the mail.