What are you doing to acheive your goals?

Options
annangelich
annangelich Posts: 402 Member
I thought this would be a nice way to voice our plans for our goals.

I have started a clean eating diet and exercise for at least 20 minutes a day. I like to mix it up so I do yoga, run, HIIT, and kickboxing. If it as a particularly busy day when I cannot seem to make the time for a workout I fit in mini workouts while I clean the house. In about a month I plan to slowly start reintroducing some of the healthier foods I have cut out and once I am there I plan to start the Lift Like A Girl regime.

So what are your plans?

SW: 149.2
GW: 135
Ultimate Goal Weight: 115

-Annie

Replies

• bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    I started going back to the gym 5 days a week. My goal right now is a minimum of 5 miles on the bike and then alternating strength training on my arms and legs . I am lowering my sugar and simple carb intake (which I admit is hard) and trying to add more vegetables. Next month I plan to step up the exercise to a minimum of 7 miles on the bile and add more weights to my strength training. I also plan on getting back to juicing once a day. My weight bounces to 135 to 137 (which actually is good because it was in the 137 to 139 range). My ultimate goal is to reach 125.
  • annangelich
    annangelich Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    bm1409 wrote: »
    I started going back to the gym 5 days a week. My goal right now is a minimum of 5 miles on the bike and then alternating strength training on my arms and legs . I am lowering my sugar and simple carb intake (which I admit is hard) and trying to add more vegetables. Next month I plan to step up the exercise to a minimum of 7 miles on the bile and add more weights to my strength training. I also plan on getting back to juicing once a day. My weight bounces to 135 to 137 (which actually is good because it was in the 137 to 139 range). My ultimate goal is to reach 125.

How are you doing so far with your goals? I too have been limiting my sugars and simple carbs. How are you fairing in that aspect? Any secrets to get through TOM without going overboard? I gave in to carbs last night but stayed away from the chocolate. I have started strength training, but not the lift like a girl program. I have also started running intervals. I want to run in my daughter's school Harvest run.
  • bm1409
    Options
    annangelich.....I actually am doing do. I have been going to the gym 5 days a week. I have been doing 6 miles on the bike now and if the weather is nice I will go outside to the track and walk 1 1/2 miles. I am also adding more machines for my arms and legs. On the carbs I am doing real well. I have found some recipes that replace cauliflower for potatoes which is actually satisfying my carb fix. I am having a little trouble with the sugar (chocolate) part. I bought some chocolate brownie larabars which is helping, but I still crave and give in to sweets. I heard someone say "nothing tastes better then skinny" . I try to repeat that to myself during TOM. (and other times). It sounds like you have something to keep you motivated (the harvest run).
  • maginsky_91
    Options
    I am getting back into the gym. I signed up for a fitness class with my college to force me to make a routine of it since its also for a grade. I also am signing up for a local gym membership today with some close friends. In my fitness class we are learning how to balance our cardio and strength training and mixing it up to not let our body get too used to one type of work out. I am hoping this helps me get more active and boost my self esteem since i am a horrible emotional/financial eater.

Tomorrow I am also going to the local market and going to try and pre plan a weeks worth of meals :)
  • bm1409
    Options
    maginsky_91 that sounds like a good plan.