Just saying Hello

Options
Hi everyone,

Just discovered this group so saying hey! MFP isn't very surgery friendly so I'm happy to have found you guys.

I haven't had the VSG yet but have just started my journey and have to lose between 5-10% (17-34lbs) in order to be put on the surgical list. I live in the UK and am at university at the moment...exams soon aaah!

Hope you guys have a great day,

Brooke

Replies

• pattycakes726
    pattycakes726 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Hi Brooke,
    I'm having the sleeve on July 8. I'm so excited! It's great this group is here so we can share our experiences.
  • BrookeLosesWeight
    BrookeLosesWeight Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I'm right at the beginning of the process so hopefully this time next year I'll have had the surgery and you'll be amazingly healthy!
  • jennielou75
    jennielou75 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I had the surgery june last year. I am from the uk too so am happy to give local advice!! The main forums are not suregery friendly but there you go.

There is a website called wlsinfo that I still go to that has loads of advice and forums.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    So glad you found this little friendly corner of MFP. You can DEFINITELY meet your weight loss goal your doctor set for you in order to have surgery. I lost 45 pounds in the 3 and a half months before my surgery. I had a lot of support from my friends here at MFP and I logged all my food faithfully. (even my mistakes) You can do it too!
  • 2bawallaby
    2bawallaby Posts: 17
    Options
    Hi, I had my surgery on 17 April this year. I am happy to be a friend on here. l am in Australia.
  • healthieramanda
    healthieramanda Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi there.
    Just found this group recently as well :) Had my surgery last October.
    Feel free to add me if you're looking for friends :)