Kenpo X and Yoga X

Options
lopezcnl
lopezcnl Posts: 39 Member
Does anyone have an tips or tricks for kenpo x and yoga x while soon p90x?

As far as the yoga, there was a lot I just couldn't do when it comes to balance and bending like a pretzel lol. I've heard of ther people switching out cardio instead of yoga. Has anyone done that or had success with it?

Then came kenpo x day.....I just could keep up an kept getting confused with the sequence of some of the moves. They just moved soooo fast! Does anyone have any tips for keeping up and getting the most out of that work out?

Thanks so much!

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Kenpo X - just keep trying, eventually the coordination will come. Go slower if you need to, focus on form, speed will happen later as your muscles adapt to the movements. If I remember right it takes about 5-9 months for adults to learn new mass motor skills, so don't give up, just keep pushing play. I had problems with Yoga X because all the up/down/up/down/up/down would make me light headed and feel like I was going to pass out. I just swapped it out with my other Rodney Yee intermediate yoga...but, the P90X3 yoga is awesome so if you don't already have another yoga routine that would be a compatible one to pick up.
  • fat2burn2014
    fat2burn2014 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Good advice above. It took me a long time to get some of the Kempo moves down. For a few of the moves I stopped and watched them do the routine then replayed it. For the Yoga, maybe try one for beginners. I am thinking of doing the same. I can't see myself EVER doing that " Crow" move.
  • lopezcnl
    Options
    Thanks for the tips!! I'm going to see if I can find a different yoga program and just do the cardio x in the meantime :)
  • mrlspaul
    mrlspaul Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I swaped both those days for core synergistics, I'm thinking I will give kempo another shot.
  • lopezcnl
    Options
    I'm going to give kenpo my best effort. But I think I might swap yoga with core synergistica or cardio x. Just not sure which would be better