20s challenge

Options
ashmarie8722
ashmarie8722 Posts: 247 Member
hey everyone. I know a lot of you have said you're looking for support. I was thinking we could have a monthly challenge (with groups if there are a lot of us). We would have spreadsheets and report each day or once a week(reporting for all days). I think possible categories, like water, work out, calorie goal and maybe a weekly specific challenge for the entire group. Anyone interested or have any ideas?

Replies

• ashaver_21
    Options
    I am new to the group, however think this sounds like a great idea. In past challenges to keep everyone motivated we had a start date and an end date. There was a weekly challenge in itself. We posted everyday with a general report and at the end of the week we would post our weekly total loss, and our goal. At the end of the entire challenge awards were sent out!
  • ashmarie8722
    Options
    Exactly what I had in mind :) I was seeing how many people were interested before nailing down specifics. Anyone else :)
  • palex09
    palex09 Posts: 21
    Options
    Hey! I'll join too! looking to challenge myself!
  • teaddicted
    Options
    I'm in!!
  • ashmarie8722
    Options
    Hey guys so how do you want to do this I am more than willing to make a spreadsheet of goals? Do you want to check in daily? I am really unmotivated today. I hurt my ankle running so I am taking the day off and my brain is fried from studying so I am just trying to stay in my calorie goal and not eat something horrible :)
  • TacoBelle88
    TacoBelle88 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm in! And I can relate to the stress. Grad school is the worst.
  • palex09
    Options
    I'm good with checking in daily. I think a spreed sheet is a good idea. Maybe we can do like a strength training challenge (squats, lunges, etc.) or a walking/running a certain distance/time. We can also do something like cutting out a certain food or drink for a week like sweets, coffee, soda.
  • vivrevotrevie
    vivrevotrevie Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I will join!
  • Itsjustme86
    Itsjustme86 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I will join too! Sounds like great motivation!
  • ashmarie8722
    Options
    Thanks guys, and I'm so excited. :) So tomorrow is Monday. I think it would be a great day to start and make this weekly challenges. I'll make a spread sheet, so tomorrow everyone check in with their weight(if you scale a different day we can put that in too), weight loss goal overall, and for the week,(we should do a month one starting next week I think :smile: ) let's have weekly and daily goals and try to check in every day either at night or the next morning if we can. So what do we say, we do simple challenges this week and then increase from there.

So this week starting jan 26th: let's say, daily goal to drink water(I think the adequate amount is supposed to be half your weight in oz. so I am 170, I should drink 85 oz or about 11 cups of water). This helps with fatigue, hunger and muscle recovery I believe so it's a good place to start. Weekly: let's try to work out 3/4 times this week for at least 20 min.

How does that sound ladies :)
  • ashmarie8722
    Options
    Day 1: 176.5, March 31 goal 147. Today had a great hike and had 5 glasses of water and stayed under my calorie goal. How was everyone else's day?
  • palex09
    Options
    HI!
    Current weight is 258 My overall goal is 135-150 (according to my height).
    my weekly goal is 2 pounds
    I also stayed under my calorie goal
    and had lots of water I stop counting after 10 8oz glasses
  • ChristinaMolinari
    Options
    Hey there!
    3 16.9oz bottles so far today!
  • Amary06
    Amary06 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hey- I made this (I just saw this post!) https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yZfknMxK7dVJxnKPr9faRDHPxmOH1-CZLS19mjcTICk/edit?usp=sharing

Ashmarie does something like that work?

My current weight is 259 my goal is to be 185
  • ashmarie8722
    Options
    Yay! Way to go ladies! Yesterday I sucked at drinking water so today I have my camelbak out! And as soon as I'm done with Landry I'm heading to run.

A shared Google doc is a great idea! I am not on my computer but eveyone can go in and add themselves and we can keep it updated :) great idea amary06

Does anyone do c25k?

• palex09
    Options
    I got in a good workout today finally :) I have decided to start doing yoga. I really need better posture and all I ever hear is yoga is the best thing for you, mentally and physically. I found a beginner video and it is defiantly a lot harder then you think lol but felt amazing ! I also did a cardio mix video I found in YouTube from fitness blender. It was low impact so it's not hard on your body if you are not use to doing a workout routine. I finally looked at how much water I need to drink and its a gallon a day so far I have had 10 8oz glasses.
  • Redheadbkb
    Redheadbkb Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm very interested in being involved in this!
  • ashmarie8722
    Options
    Way to go Palex, Yoga is great! and wonderful water intake! I am still finishing my last glass, but I made it. I also just got back from the gym, I started c25k again, last time I didn't finish it. This time, I shall.

I am updating the gogole doc, to have daily updates. Sorry, I am still figuring this out. so Redheadbkb jump right in! Please tell us a bit about yourself, this week we are trying to get water and work out 3 times a week.

Tomorrow is a new day! :)
  • ashmarie8722
    Options
    Way to go Palex, Yoga is great! and wonderful water intake! I am still finishing my last glass, but I made it. I also just got back from the gym, I started c25k again, last time I didn't finish it. This time, I shall.

I am updating the gogole doc, to have daily updates. Sorry, I am still figuring this out. so Redheadbkb jump right in! Please tell us a bit about yourself, this week we are trying to get water and work out 3 times a week.

Tomorrow is a new day! :)
  • ashmarie8722
    Options
    Here is the first version of the spread sheet as people post I will update every night/morning. looks like we are off to a great start.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1akyua9_DiIUZ0Fzjgh5FfYYHQCBk45bTUlH42trSp1E/edit?usp=sharing