My 600 Lb Life

Options
2BeHappy2
2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
Anyone viewing this?
I started viewing this last year and I cant believe this year Im a Sleever myself!
No, I didn't start off anywhere close to their weight but Im blessed to have a husband who worked OT as much as possible for me to get this very much needed surgery :awesome: (80/20 insurance :neutral_face:)

Replies

• mfpdevotee
    Options
    I watch it. I love seeing the transformations, family dynamics, manipulation, co-dependencies.... There's that one woman who just will not surrender - i want to see her update this week!
  • 2BeHappy2
    Options
    Yeah, I like this show for all those reasons too!
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I never used to watch this show until recently, but I find it pretty fascinating. I can relate to some of the struggles, although not on the same scale by any means.
  • loriloftness
    loriloftness Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    My signifcant other and I watched every week and I'm ready to start this season when it comes back in February. Some of the struggles I get, some of the people don't seem like they have had enough counseling because they don't get it.
  • 2BeHappy2
    Options
    Lori, its on now...or at least here!
    Its called My 600 Pound Life Where Are They Now
  • 2BeHappy2
    Options
    garber6th wrote: »
    I never used to watch this show until recently, but I find it pretty fascinating. I can relate to some of the struggles, although not on the same scale by any means.
    That was me too, initially!
    I don't know if I was in denial of myself or the fact that I could say "well, that's them, Im not as big"
    As I got interested in the show, I realized that although I may not be at their size, I was in my own big size and that was enough for me to say "I need help!"

• homerismyhero
    homerismyhero Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Its hard to watch sometimes- you really see how some of the families- even though they may mean well- really enable someone to become so ill.
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Its hard to watch sometimes- you really see how some of the families- even though they may mean well- really enable someone to become so ill.

Yeah it's a bit unnerving to watch the dynamics in some of these family situations.

• homerismyhero
    homerismyhero Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Yeah- when somone isn't even mobile and still manages to eat 5000K a day because someone is feeding it too them- but I guess that happens all the time w/ other addictions too- I think it's just more startling to see it related to food and obesity. Sometimes you see how threatened they feel when the person starts doing better and the enabler does not feel they're needed as much - very scary and sad.
  • relentless2121
    relentless2121 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE the show. I tape it and watch it faithfully. I'm loving the updates of how well they are doing so far. I am so proud of them. I have several episodes from last season saved and watched them again as I was preparing for my November surgery.

Regardless of how much weight we have to lose, we all share the same journey, especially psychologically. I can really relate to and sympathize with the people who share their journeys.

Last night I watched an old repeat of "My Weight Is Killing Me" on TLC. That is the series with the father and son Bariatric surgeons Dr. Garth Davis and his father. It's another good one to follow. :)
  • 2BeHappy2
    Options
    Well, I watched last weeks episode.
    What I couldn't understand is when she is being taken in to have her 1st "real" shower and the lady is washing her hair for her....I was like "what, are you kidding me" (yes, I often talk back to the tv)!
    I couldn't believe that at this point she was so much more mobile and didn't have any reason to not be showering herself and yet she lets this nurse do it for her :neutral_face:
    I mean come on, she's sitting in a shower chair, its not like she was stressing herself standing up!
    After my weight loss surgery I was asked if I wanted a bed pan or for them to bring me the portable toilet chair....ummm, neither :anguished:
    It just boggles my mind if youre capable then you should be doing any and all that youre able to...even if it means sitting on something while youre preparing food or cleaning your kitchen, at least its an action of doing something!
  • MistyHiker
    MistyHiker Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    mfpdevotee wrote: »
    I watch it. I love seeing the transformations, family dynamics, manipulation, co-dependencies.... There's that one woman who just will not surrender - i want to see her update this week!

Same here! Love the show.
  • relentless2121
    relentless2121 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I loved last nights show. Chuck and Paula are doing great.
    I can't wait for the first new person to have surgery next week. I LOVE THIS SHOW. I get so much out of it and can really relate to it. I have several episodes saved from last season. I think I might have to delete some to save the new ones.
    I'd love to keep this thread going if anyone else is interested. :)
  • 2BeHappy2
    Options
    Last weeks episode really saddened me....her lack of effort, all that for what?
    We all know this isn't easy, no one said it would be!
    The physical, mental and emotional pain that we all endure, shes not the exception!
    I just couldn't believe it :neutral_face:
  • jkern9110
    jkern9110 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I have watched an episode here and there, but never set a recording. Y'all are making me want to watch all of the episodes!!