Tomorrow is three down and seven to go!

Options
ollerwe
ollerwe Posts: 66 Member
Are you ready? I think I am!
Kind of dangerous with the weigh-in on Tuesday, still close to the weekend and all its indulgences :D
Good luck!

Replies

• Out_of_Bubblegum
    Out_of_Bubblegum Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    Thanks ollerwe! My weekend weigh-in wasn't so good this week - I'm in a mini-stall, though I'm losing inches.. but that's OK - sometimes my loss comes in bursts.
  • ollerwe
    ollerwe Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I was a little bit more optimistic yestarday. Now, the day before, I am not as self confident.
    If you are losing inches but not weight doesn't it mean you are building up muscles? I have heard that if you are training hard you get smaller without loing pounds. Well, I wouldn't mind that! :-)
  • vaunche
    vaunche Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Muscle weighs more than fat so you can be loosing fat and gaining muscle. Don't bet everything on the scale it is not the only form of measure that is important. The good thing is that muscle burns calories. Often after muscle gain comes more weight loss. Go for the long game it sounds like your on the right track. If you are worried just double check your calories make sure your being honest and accurate with them. If you are, then you are doing great!!!!!! I have my worries for this week as well I broke my ankle so I have limited aerobic options till its healed. I am watching the calories and doing what I can. We all have to keep in mind that it is a 100 day challenge and we are all bound to have rough patches and doubts to work through. It is working through those rough patches that will make our weight loss last not a yo-yo.
  • Out_of_Bubblegum
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the encouragement!

I think my mini-stall is probably because I'm modifying my workouts for the next 8 weeks to be shifting more towards strength workouts - I'm pretty sore right now from this shift, and I've recently learned that muscle repair causes water retention - so that may be masking my loss. It may also be bodyfat re-composition as you both have mentioned - that's fine too... it would be so nice if there were such thing as an accurate BF% scale - I would happily ditch a weight scale if I could accurately use body fat as the main measurable marker.

I'm definitely not worried about it long-term as I am making progress in several other markers (inches, energy level during workouts, athletic performance, clothes fit, etc).

If I stall for 4 weeks I will probably need to re-evaluate, but at this point, it's only a 1 week stall. I am logging 100% though - good and bad, though not weighing to the gram (stopped doing that some time ago when I felt I was good enough at estimating and portion control). I am depending on my workout load to absorb the error in my logging, as I am aiming to eat back a max of 50% of my workout cals, and I work out quite a bit (typically 70-90 min/day across 2 workouts).

• Out_of_Bubblegum
    Options
    vaunche wrote: »
    Muscle weighs more than fat so you can be loosing fat and gaining muscle. Don't bet everything on the scale it is not the only form of measure that is important. The good thing is that muscle burns calories. Often after muscle gain comes more weight loss. Go for the long game it sounds like your on the right track. If you are worried just double check your calories make sure your being honest and accurate with them. If you are, then you are doing great!!!!!! I have my worries for this week as well I broke my ankle so I have limited aerobic options till its healed. I am watching the calories and doing what I can. We all have to keep in mind that it is a 100 day challenge and we are all bound to have rough patches and doubts to work through. It is working through those rough patches that will make our weight loss last not a yo-yo.

Sorry to hear about the ankle! No fun at all. It is a great opportunity to focus on upper body strength though. :smile:

Thanks for the suggestions.

• mary231
    mary231 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Good luck everyone. :-).
  • Mspmpayne
    Mspmpayne Posts: 267 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I still can't enter from my iPad or iPhone. Could someone enter 195.5 for me for the 1/20 weigh in? I did lose some though. =)