This weeks baby steps?

Options
New week, new baby steps!
1. 5,000 steps per day, haven't been tracking my steps lately so i may have to up it if it seems too easy
2. Drink 64 oz of water each day
3. 2 healthy snacks per day (fruit or veggie variety)

What are you guys doing?

Replies

• aaliceinw
    aaliceinw Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Hi there jenellison. Thanks for checking in your baby steps.

5000 steps is awesome to begin with. You might want to get a pedometer if you don't have a tracker because we either underestimate or overestimate or measurements in general.

Resuming my reply, I fell asleep in the middle.

Great food goals too. Once you get used to it, you can't imagine why you were not eating the fruits and veggies before.

I have to run off to work now and will post mine later. Have a great day.
  • FindingCindy721
    FindingCindy721 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    My steps for this week...
    1 10000 steps per day
    2 More veggies daily
    3 gym at least twice (kind of a busy week)
  • aaliceinw
    Options
    Love your baby steps too Cindy. I can't wait to join in with the steps challenge.
    Are you able to find enough variety in the veggies?
    With you 10000 steps, plus the gym, you will still have easily acheived your actvity goals :D

My steps this week
    1. 3 balanced meals a day
    2. Eat my calorie (minimum) goals
    3. Eat at least one real meal at work instead of protein replacement
    4. Do the Park Run/Walk on Saturday
  • FindingCindy721
    Options
    aaliceinw~I think variety is my issue with the veggies! I LOVE veggies they just aren't making me go mmmmm lately. I think a big thing with me lately is feeling run down from working too much, so not a lot is appealing to me lately.

Here's to us both keeping to our steps!
  • aaliceinw
    Options
    Hoping you are feeling much better today and that you did get some rest Cindy?

I know that it is not easy to make veggies sexy, so I actually don't try. I am not sure if you have a store like Woolworth's Cindy? If you do, they have very, very healthy food choices which are packaged in such a way, that it is always appetizing, even when the food is plain. I think try to use alternative carbs, i.e from quinoa, lentils chick peas for variety.

I finally have something to track my steps with but won't start any new baby steps until next week.
  • FindingCindy721
    Options
    I did not get much rest today, my friend had her baby yesterday so I went to visit her in the hospital today! She is very stressed out...it's her 3rd and she is EXHAUSTED too! I did speak to my boss about leaving work a little early Thursday night/Friday morning so I could get a little sleep before Hubby and I drive down to Boston Friday! And we will sleep in at the hotel Saturday morning so I will be ok soon!
    I do not have any stores like that here but we have been trying to change it up and have some new variety with our veggies. I did discover that although I'm not fond of tomatoes...if I add basil to them I like them much better!
  • aaliceinw
    Options
    aaliceinw wrote: »
    Love your baby steps too Cindy. I can't wait to join in with the steps challenge.
    Are you able to find enough variety in the veggies?
    With you 10000 steps, plus the gym, you will still have easily acheived your actvity goals :D

My steps this week
    1. 3 balanced meals a day
    2. Eat my calorie (minimum) goals
    3. Eat at least one real meal at work instead of protein replacement
    4. Do the Park Run/Walk on Saturday

Outcomes of last week's Baby Steps
    1. Achieved 5 out of 7 days
    2. Gosh this is harder than I thought. Achieved 3 of 4 and really messed it up on the day of the Park Run because I ended up in the red due to energy deficit!
    3. 100% achieved ☺️
    4. 100% achieved ☺️
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Way to go, aaliceinw! I hope I can post such positive results next Sunday for my "Baby Steps" this week.
  • aaliceinw
    Options
    Thank you Julia. I am sure you will also have some victories to celebrate next week.

Cindy, how do manage to walk 10000 steps a day? I'm barely managing 5500.
  • FindingCindy721
    Options
    My weekly steps for this week will be...
    1.Drink 1/2 my weight in oz of water.
    2. Incorporate more veggies in my diet.
    3. Get to the gym 3x
    4. and I am going to add doing some research for finding a dietitian or nutritionist

aaliceinw~ I work in a large facility so I am able to walk a lot at work! The building is over 7 acres in size! I am a mechanic so I am responsible for keeping all of our machines running...gives me a chance at a lot of walking.

Julia~ How are you doing on your steps?
  • JMarcella57
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I need to be working harder to get my exercise "baby steps" accomplished. My "baby step" weight loss is going well. Thank you for asking. Great going with your steps. :D
  • aaliceinw
    Options
    Awesome steps Cindy! Go for the dietician if you can and good luck with your search.

Glad to hear your weight "baby steps" are going well. You can do it also for your exercise. What is your biggest challenge with your exercise steps? I'm afraid that lack of time will upset my exercise routine.
  • FindingCindy721
    Options
    My biggest challenge with my steps is a break in my routine! My house is small so it's much harder to get a lot of steps in when inside...right now with the blizzard...it's not really safe to be walking outside...people have actually gotten hit by plows! Truly I think the walking is the LEAST of my challenge...we LOVE walking so normally if I don't get to walk at work we go hiking. Last year my hubby and I even took up mountain climbing. We are fortunate that we live within an hour of the ocean and a little over an hour to the White Mountains of NH. It takes us a little longer to do the climb but we always make it to the top and we have some BEAUTIFUL pics of AMAZING views!
  • JMarcella57
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Hit my weight goal, but still working on the exercise part.
    Hope everyone's week has gone well. ... and a new week begins :D
  • aaliceinw
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Yaaaaaaaaay! That is absolutely fabulous! Well done Julia!
    And thanks! I hope you have an awesome week too
  • aaliceinw
    Options
    Hey Cindy . I'm sure shoveling all that snow has helped you to reach all of your calorie goals? I hope your knee is much better? I'll check your posts to find out about the super bowl! Have a fabulous week!
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    Cindy and Alice, how are your baby steps going this week?
  • aaliceinw
    Options
    Very poorly for me I'm afraid Julia. There's more. People recording their baby steps in Cindy's community. Would you like to join us there. There is also a rewards theme, a challenge theme, a daily chat theme. Would you like to join us there? I'll send the link when I get back on my lap top.
  • aaliceinw
    Options
    Mmmm..... My baby steps are going poorly but my results are fabulous anyway Julia!

I have to really keep working ont celebrating the successes instead of focussing on the "negatives". Any way, here is the link to Cindy's awesome community :Dhttp://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/101508-l-o-s-t-losing-one-step-at-a-time

Please join us there because there are a lot of really fabulous ladies there :wink:
  • FindingCindy721
    Options
    Hi Ladies~
    My baby steps are not great but I have had some successes. I have done well with my water. I have done well with my steps and adding exercise but I am still not getting better with my veggies as well as I'd like to!
    Julia if you would like to join our other group as well....just let me know and I can also send you an invite from that group.
    I will come up with some new baby steps as well as continue my pursuit of better veggie intake for next weeks baby steps :smiley:
    I also haven't found a dietitian/nutritionist...I did however do a little research in trying to find a decent one!