Containers feeling overwhelming..

Options
KaylaBlu2019
KaylaBlu2019 Posts: 118 Member
I find the containers extremely overwhelming. I have a lot of weight to lose and am supposed to have 6 red and green containers, 4 purples and yellow containers, 1 blue and orange container, and 6 tsp. It's hard to fathom planning for all those containers!! Anyone else have this problem or have suggestions on how to make this less daunting?

Replies

• rainey4
    rainey4 Posts: 164 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Hi there. I have a lot to lose as well and have the same number of containers. Once you get started after a week or so, it wont seem so overwhelming. The key is planning. You need to plan what your gonna have during the day. So this morning for breakfast I had 2 eggs (1 red), oatmeal (1 yellow), 1/2 blue (shredded cheese), and a tsp of sesame oil. Lunch will be grilled flank steak (2 red) and 3 cups veggies (3 green). My afternoon snack will be a smoothie with 2 fruits (2 purple), protein powder (1 red), 8 oz unsweetened almond milk (1 yellow), 2 tsp peanut butter with orange container filled with a mix of chia and flax seed. Dinner - i will be out tonight so have left : 2 red; 2 yellow, 3 green; 2 purple, 1/2 Blue, 3 tsp.

you can replace 1 yellow container 3 times a week with 16 oz unsweetened almond milk. I use 8 oz and have it 6 times a week instead.
  • rainey4
    Options
    in one of the other posts i mention an app that i use by FatChicken Studios, called 21 Day Fitness Tracker, v1.2 (4+). you should give it a look
  • MrsOlson1006
    MrsOlson1006 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    rainey4 wrote: »
    in one of the other posts i mention an app that i use by FatChicken Studios, called 21 Day Fitness Tracker, v1.2 (4+). you should give it a look

I too have issues with this and feel quite overwhelmed. I added the above app before I started and it really helps.

• KaylaBlu2019
    KaylaBlu2019 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Great, thank you!!! I will look for this app right now! :) I'm getting better.. my beachbody coach sent me these colored ziplocs in red, green, yellow and blue - will be great to use for portioning.
    *headed to look for the app!*
  • Ellemarie72
    Ellemarie72 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Love the work outs! I'm not too keen on the containers either. I'm allowed 2 yellow containers. And I find that I'm friggin starving by mid afternoon and I'm eating! So I think it really depends on your metabolism. I know they say add a veggie or a fruit, but that still isn't enough sometimes.
  • chica6578
    chica6578 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Love the work outs! I'm not too keen on the containers either. I'm allowed 2 yellow containers. And I find that I'm friggin starving by mid afternoon and I'm eating! So I think it really depends on your metabolism. I know they say add a veggie or a fruit, but that still isn't enough sometimes.

im on day three and i was not happy the first 2 days lol. i was hungry adn my head hurt. but my coach (my bestie) was saying that i need to give my stomach time to shrink.
  • Ellemarie72
    Options
    chica6578 wrote: »

im on day three and i was not happy the first 2 days lol. i was hungry adn my head hurt. but my coach (my bestie) was saying that i need to give my stomach time to shrink.

I know, it's hard to get past those hunger pangs at first!
  • kcbe21
    kcbe21 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I definetly find planning & prepping help! Here's what it looks like at my house.
    4tbtjlbyd8fk.jpg
    nq560pbuacuk.jpg
  • rainey4
    edited January 2015
    Options
    My planter faciatiis has reared its ugly head and so no exercise videos for 3 weeks. Exercise Bike only.
  • kcbe21
    Options
    Ugh. Sorry to hear it Rainey! Keep fighting the good fight!
  • rainey4
    Options
    I know. I hate the exercise bike - with a really passion I tell you. ugh. I may have to sneak in a video or 2.
  • Trala19
    Trala19 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Wow KCBE21 - I'm impressed!!
  • Ellemarie72
    Options
    No doubt KCBE! That's awesome! I'm a stay at home mom, so I I just keep the veggie tray loaded! Always have fruit on hand. This works great for kid's snacking too.
  • kcbe21
    Options
    Thanks! I have to, I leave the house at 7am, don't get home till 6:30 leaving just enough time to get the kiddo dinner, do homework & put her to bed. By that time I'm wiped. If I have the fruit & veggies prepared in advance, then I just have to worry about the proteins, where the broiler has become a VERY good friend! I do a couple salads & fruits for the fiance & kiddo too!
  • slimmerang
    slimmerang Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    That is amazing Kcbe!
  • knitwithpurpose
    knitwithpurpose Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Glad I'm not the only annoyed by the containers. I've been weighing and measuring food for year and the containers just annoy the heck out of me.