Natural heartburn remedy: fermented foods!

Options
TheLaser
TheLaser Posts: 338 Member
I am so excited about this new revelation that I thought I'd share: fermented foods can naturally alleviate heartburn! No one told me about this with my last pregnancy, and even though I researched high and low, I never stumbled across this information. This time around, I pigged out on homemade fermented sauerkraut (not my own), and I had no more heartburn afterwards! Then I looked into what people were saying about fermented foods and heartburn.

The problem is that real fermented foods can sometimes be difficult to find: things like pickles or sauerkraut from the supermarket are not really fermented. I've been told that kimchi and miso are reliable sources of fermentation that you can buy at many supermarkets.

If you are really suffering from heartburn, maybe this can help you, too! Has anyone else tried it?

Replies

• NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I have had so much heartburn misery, I am willing to try anything! Not a fan of sauerkraut, but I may tough it out to see if it helps. I'm definitely going to have to research and talk with my doc!
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I think I may buy stock in Rolaids. I get heartburn from absolutely everything - even water!
  • TheLaser
    TheLaser Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Ha ha ha, but that does sound terrible! I know some remedies work for some women some of the time, but not everything will work for everyone.