Hello from Plano

Options
Hello everyone. I'm a 24 year old guy from Plano.

Weight loss for me has always been up and down. When I want to lose weight, I do it really well and can stick to it until I hit a goal. But when I get there, I seem to gain it all back and then some. Last month I saw that I hit a weight over 300 after not weighing myself for a long time. This time, I want the weight to be gone for good.

A couple of things I'm doing differently is changing the kinds of foods I eat while counting calories instead of just counting calories alone. I have been eating a diet around lean protein like chicken breast and wild fish, along with vegetables, seasonings, and lentils/split peas/quinoa for more fiber here and there. I think this diet is sustainable, it tastes great, and I feel full after my meals. I also joined a gym and have specific strength training goals using some barbell lifts. I'm contemplating adding cardio, but I'm not sure if it will hinder my progress with lifting weights.

The beginning of a new life started when I weighed 302. My goal is to weight 170 and stay there.

Wishing everyone good health,

Brian

Replies

• Lord007
    Lord007 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Good Luck! You can do this!
  • CRayCray88
    CRayCray88 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing man! Wishing you all the best and if any of us can help in anyway, let us know!
    I know not everyone has the flexibility with work, but for me, it's amazing how much body fat percentage I've lost by just walking around, being on my feet while working, and making sure I hit around 8000 steps a day. It's easy and relaxing! Just my fleeting attempt at encouragement! haha
  • Markdjones83
    Markdjones83 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    The diet is definitely the key! I've always been a skinny guy so I can't fully relate, but I'm trying to actually get some muscles for once! I'm in Frisco and grew up in Plano. Which gym are you at?
  • bmh804
    bmh804 Posts: 10
    Options
    It's a new gym that just opened up in East Plano called Texas Family Fitness. It's not the best, but it has what I need. They are in a temporary location before they move to the real location. It's super affordable.
  • yasminara
    yasminara Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Good luck Brian! I'm the same way, I always can't keep whatever I lose and gain it back. Find stuff that really tastes good to me has helped me too.

I know you can do it! :smiley: And everyone's right, if there is anything we can do to help--let us know!

Yasmin
  • HughLossis
    HughLossis Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Way to go, dude!
    Those up-swings that happen while you're not paying attention are a bummer but ya can't let them get you down.
    I just moved from Uptown to Legacy, And I'm loving Plano!