CrossFit Open 2015

Options
2»

Replies

• bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    ^so I stopped using myWOD because I can't really figure out how I'm going to tell if I do better. seems like eveyrthing I enter is by hand, so I'm not sure how the statistics would get compared.
  • abaldi0506
    abaldi0506 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Our box is doing the workouts anyway. So, why not. I'm new to crossfit (started in December) so not expecting much, but know I will improve over time!
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    Just made my donation to the Greg Glassman retirement fund. Yay Crossfit!
  • Inkratlet
    Inkratlet Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Hahaha!
  • beebabe2001
    Options
    I did it last year did ok considering I can't do pull-ups or constant DU's but it was awesome really looking forward to beating my rank this year
  • ashleearoha
    ashleearoha Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I'm signed up! My first opens. I don't expect to smash any records but I want to do it so I can compare myself next year!
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    I won't be signing up because I'm having a minor op halfway through, si I will just do the 1st couple for fun .... but I did just complete the on line judges course so I can assist judging (man online course that was a work out in itself!)
  • katikindschuh
    katikindschuh Posts: 9 Member
    Options

I'm signed up! I did the open last year and could hardly do DU or anything gymnastic speaking. But I'm pumped for this years open. I feel like the scaled division will allow Castro to make the rx division a little tougher. Maybe HS hold or walk? HSPU or something a little more complicated. Really hoping for a heavy Oly lift open wod too :)
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    I'm signed up! My first opens. I don't expect to smash any records but I want to do it so I can compare myself next year!

You're going to kill it. See if you can get your box to schedule the Open workouts in about 6 months and have everyone compare the current one to that one.

• PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    I'm in! It is a cash grab but, at the same time, it's fun. And you really get to test your skills. I can't do everything in every WOD, but I know I can do a lot more than I did last year and that's cool.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Our box does the Open WOD on Fridays, so I’ll end up doing a few of them, but have no desire to publish my suck.
  • gweneddk
    gweneddk Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I have been taking a break from CF but I miss it... I have been considering re-joining after my Strongwoman contest this weekend. I am planning on doing another contest in April that has a lot of movement events and I think the conditioning will help.

However, I am not thrilled with the idea of the CF Open and the fact that my box's programming will be based around maximizing Open scores. I am definitely NOT doing the open (even if I wanted to do the WODs, I would just show up on Friday and do them and not pay HQ for the privilege). My goal is not and has never been to compete in CF or "get better at doing CF."

Just my 3 cents ;-)
  • emma7437
    emma7437 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Eeek, just signed up. Must practice my double unders!!!!!
  • ascrit
    ascrit Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    As I mentioned before, if my gym programs one of the Open workouts for a day I plan to be there then I will do it but otherwise I am not going to participate. Now that we're on the eve of the start of the Open, who else is joining me on non-participation island??
  • AllanMisner
    Options
    I’m a non-participant. I looked back last year to see what they did on the Friday after the announcement and there was a regular WOD for non-participants and had an evening event to let people compete. So, I’ll be doing the WOD with likely a lot fewer people in my 5am class.
  • AllanMisner
    Options
    Check that... Our WOD just came out and we do squats then our WOD is 15.1 (Rx or scaled). Now I wait until 7pm to find out what that is.