Random Blank White Screen

Options
Codeinmysleep
Codeinmysleep Posts: 13 MFP Moderator
Some folks have been experiencing and reporting an issue where they would get interrupted with a blank white screen in the middle of using the app. This is not a 2.7 specific issue, but with 2.7, now you see a long URL at the top. Commonly reported url is something like 'cdn.mobicow'. Not to confuse it with the blank Terms And Privacy screen which should be fixed now.

If you have been experiencing this, please update to 2.7-3301, and keep an eye on it. Please post here if you see it happen, and let us know around what time (and your timezone) you saw it last.

If you are one of the folks who used to see this a lot, very consistently but dont see it anymore, please let us know too.

This is a very annoying issue to some of our members and we're determined to track it down. We can only do it with your help!

Thanks!
Ayman

Replies

• vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Any specific devices or just all over?
  • Codeinmysleep
    Options
    Any specific devices or just all over?

It's been pretty random. We can't see a pattern yet.
  • lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    Yes, this was irritating and haven't seen yet in newest version yay! It happened when the ad bar at the bottom had what looked like av symbols in it (play, rewind etc) and often jumped to blank screen if my thumb hovered over the screen (may be psychosomatic!) And usually in or when transitioning to diary additions.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    I've been getting the white screen now since new version . Will pay more attention to time frame . Im using a Samsung infuse.
  • Codeinmysleep
    Options
    I've been getting the white screen now since new version . Will pay more attention to time frame . Im using a Samsung infuse.

Thanks! What day was the last day you saw it?