Week One Challenges: June 2 thru 8

Options
Okay, campers... your first week's challenges include:

Daily Challenges (see other discussion) worth 21 points
Weight Challenge (see initial weigh in discussion thread) worth 2 points (if you lose weight over the course of the week)
Weekly Challenges below (see other discussion for explanation) worth 7 points

Meet New Friends Day - Please introduce yourself under the Introductions discussion, telling us a little about yourself; read what others have to say. Email someone and say hi?!

Healthy Eating Day

Family Day

Water Day

Music Appreciation Day

Sports Day

Community Day

Here is a link for a weekly challenge checkoff sheet that you can print out to help you keep track!
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_Al5siayLK-OTlfWmt5LWs4dzQ/edit?pli=1
Copy and paste above in your browser, then print.

Other than Meet New Friends Day which involves posting under the Introductions thread, feel free to post as much or as little about the other weekly challenges here. You can do that when you complete them or at the end of the week, whichever is easier. For the Healthy Eating Day Challenge we will be collecting healthy recipes; if they are online, you can simply include the name of the food and a link to the recipe. If it's your own recipe, you can either type and post it here, or you can ask our
Assistant Director Beth how to upload a recipe to Google (since I don't know how to do that YET) and include the link there.

Campers....CHALLENGE IS ON!

Camp Director Donna

Replies

• missability
    missability Posts: 223
    Options
    Thanks! I printed it!...not sure I understand some of it...but I will try not to be to much of a bother! LOL:)
  • dmdegrassi
    dmdegrassi Posts: 151
    Options
    Thanks! I printed it!...not sure I understand some of it...but I will try not to be to much of a bother! LOL:)

If you have any questions, just ask. And you are NEVER too much of a bother! You are worth it, my friend!

Other campers... get to know this lady...she is AWESOME!!!
  • dmdegrassi
    Options
    For my Family Day, I went with Mom to a special memorial service for Dad. How anything could make you feel both happy and sad at the same time is beyond me.
  • freyaheart
    freyaheart Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I couldn't print it out I can't see it.
  • dmdegrassi
    Options
    I couldn't print it out I can't see it.

I responded in an email. It's probably because your using mac. I'll scan it as a pdf and upload it to FB for you.

Camp Director Donna
  • karendee4
    karendee4 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Do we do each one of these?
    Or just one?

Meet New Friends Day - Please introduce yourself under the Introductions discussion, telling us a little about yourself; read what others have to say. Email someone and say hi?!

Healthy Eating Day

Family Day

Water Day

Music Appreciation Day

Sports Day

Community Day
  • dmdegrassi
    Options
    Or just one?

Healthy Eating Day

Family Day

Water Day

Music Appreciation Day

Sports Day

Community Day

These are the challenges for the week... you complete them in any order you choose and create your own challenge around the theme (unless the instructions are more specific). You should preferably complete only one per day, but I understand with summer schedules you may have to double up occasionally.

Cabin Director Donna
  • karendee4
    Options
    Or just one?

Healthy Eating Day

Family Day

Water Day

Music Appreciation Day

Sports Day

Community Day

These are the challenges for the week... you complete them in any order you choose and create your own challenge around the theme (unless the instructions are more specific). You should preferably complete only one per day, but I understand with summer schedules you may have to double up occasionally.

Cabin Director Donna

thanks! I think I get it now. :)
  • karendee4
    Options
    For today I did Healthy Eating Day.

I am making roasted veggies for dinner and baked Sweet potatoes.

Tomorrow I am doing Community day. I signed up to work every Tuesday on a local organic farm.
  • dmdegrassi
    Options
    I completed Music Appreciation Day today: Listened to Sirius XM Blend station in my car while I drove for work travel (more than 2 hours), listened to Pandora Classic Rock Workout station during my four-mile walk, and I watched The Voice on TV. :)
  • dmdegrassi
    Options
    For today I did Healthy Eating Day.

I am making roasted veggies for dinner and baked Sweet potatoes.

Tomorrow I am doing Community day. I signed up to work every Tuesday on a local organic farm.

I love baked sweet potatoes! Of course I also love them made in an unhealthy way... baked and then sliced and heated with butter and brown sugar. Yummy but oh so bad for you. Others I know add marshmallow. Then they're really not good for you! I'm getting better though... I've actually eaten them the last few times with only a small pat of butter. :)
  • dmdegrassi
    Options
    Yesterday I walked in the rain for three miles, so that was my Water Day. :)
  • Prephred
    Prephred Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I walked in the rain for three miles, so that was my Water Day. :)

LOL I think my water day was yesterday. I drank 14 - 8 oz glasses of water.
  • Prephred
    Options
    By the way, I can't do the Music appreciation day (as much as I would love to, I love music.) I am sound sensitive. However, since music is an art, I figured I might be able to substitute art appreciation. I am taking a 3 hour art class tomorrow =) . Can that count Ms. Camp Director?
  • dmdegrassi
    Options
    By the way, I can't do the Music appreciation day (as much as I would love to, I love music.) I am sound sensitive. However, since music is an art, I figured I might be able to substitute art appreciation. I am taking a 3 hour art class tomorrow =) . Can that count Ms. Camp Director?

Because the topics are so vague to begin with, I feel that the challenge has to have something to do with music. It doesn't need to involve loud music, headphones, etc. Art Appreciation sounds like a good idea for another challenge to be added to the Weekly Challenge list though. Sorry to be a stickler. :(
  • Prephred
    Options

Because the topics are so vague to begin with, I feel that the challenge has to have something to do with music. It doesn't need to involve loud music, headphones, etc. Art Appreciation sounds like a good idea for another challenge to be added to the Weekly Challenge list though. Sorry to be a stickler. :(

I listen to a hour long thunderstorm cd to do my mediation to every day. It is a mix of rain, thunder and bird songs. Would that count under music appreciation?
  • dmdegrassi
    Options
    WEEK ONE RESULTS ARE IN!

FYI - Cabin averages are based on actual number of campers PARTICIPATING.

Best Week One Cabin Participation = tie between Cabins 2 & 3 with 6 participants.

Best Points Earned Average Per Cabin = Cabin 2 with 25 points.

Best Weight Loss Average Per Cabin = tie between Cabins 1 & 2 with 1.8 pounds lost.

Best Points Earned for An Individual = SavvyGurl0528 with 33 points.

Best Individual Weight Loss = prajnafaux with 5.6 pounds lost.

Specific Totals for Cabins below:

Cabin 1
    5 actual participants; Avg Pts = 23.4; Avg Loss = 1.8
    dmdegrassi 30 pts -0.2 lbs
    Jullessi 20 pts -3 lbs
    Pumpitusa 25 pts -5 lbs
    prajnafaux 17 pts -5.6 lbs
    jacksagod 25 pts +4.6 lbs
    emilykins

ekatlikhterova

happysilverpoppy (to start this week)

Cabin 2