Matt Smith stepping down after Christmas Special

Options

Replies

• misspenfold
    misspenfold Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    There aren't enough crying emoticons to express my feelings about this. :sad: I was sad to see Nine go, relieved when Ten went, but I LOVE Eleven, I don't want to lose him. :sad:
  • beckiern1
    beckiern1 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Since I started watching the series, Eleven has been my least favorite regeneration. I loved Nine, and would have had Ten's Time Tots running around the TARDIS, but Eleven? eh.

I'm anxious to see who will be our next Doctor.
  • CollegiateGrief
    CollegiateGrief Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    My hearts are breaking...

:cry: :cry: :cry: :brokenheart: :brokenheart: :brokenheart: :sad: :sad: :sad:

I loved the others, and I will always love the show, but Eleven... is MY Doctor, always.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,648 Member
    Options
    There aren't enough crying emoticons to express my feelings about this. :sad: I was sad to see Nine go, relieved when Ten went, but I LOVE Eleven, I don't want to lose him. :sad:

Oh god, me too. I still feel a little sense of guilt that he overtook Eccleston as my favorite (I'm only now sampling the older Doctors with the BBC America Revisited series) but he's just perfect as the Doctor.

Altho, now I wonder who's gonna get him. New York or California (pick California! PICK CALIFORNIA!!!!).
  • spud_chick
    spud_chick Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Since I started watching the series, Eleven has been my least favorite regeneration. I loved Nine, and would have had Ten's Time Tots running around the TARDIS, but Eleven? eh.

I'm anxious to see who will be our next Doctor.

He's not my favorite either, but wouldn't you know he'd start heading for the door just when I was starting to like him.

So much buzz about who's up next!
  • spud_chick
    spud_chick Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Altho, now I wonder who's gonna get him. New York or California (pick California! PICK CALIFORNIA!!!!).

Kwee?
  • newman84
    newman84 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Nine was good and 10 was my favorate. But eleven was ok and I didn't really like him all that much. I'm curious to see who will be next.
  • beckiern1
    Options
    One of the things that bothered me about eleven is that it suddenly seemed to be more about the companions versus the Doctor saving the universes again. I'm hoping that they will be able to focus again on the Doctor.

My husband is kind of in love with Jenna-Louise Coleman. He's hoping she'll be staying around.
  • weefreemen
    weefreemen Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    One of the things that bothered me about eleven is that it suddenly seemed to be more about the companions versus the Doctor saving the universes again. I'm hoping that they will be able to focus again on the Doctor.

My husband is kind of in love with Jenna-Louise Coleman. He's hoping she'll be staying around.
    Te

Tell hubby to relax, Jenna Louise is sticking around. ;)
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    One of the things that bothered me about eleven is that it suddenly seemed to be more about the companions versus the Doctor saving the universes again.

I thought having stronger companions was a great move for the show.
  • daniellebfit
    daniellebfit Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Wew another big change --- can't wait for the end of the year with the 50th special and Christmas specials.. Hopefully Stepen Moffet will carry on!
  • beckiern1
    Options
    50th means TENNANT!

and the doctor and rose. fangirls will collectively squeal all across the land.
  • rhonderoo
    rhonderoo Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Ten is my fave, and I was never a Amy/Rory fan so I never totally got into the 11 seasons until JLC came along and their chemistry was so awesome... and now he's leaving. :(
  • glassyo
    Options
    Wait. What? You were never a Rory fan? `Splain yourself, woman!
  • southpaw211
    southpaw211 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Wait. What? You were never a Rory fan? `Splain yourself, woman!

This! Amy had her moments (although it's fun to go back and watch The Eleventh Hour and The Beast Below just to see how much her character matured/devloped by the end), but Rory was all win, all the time for me. I miss the Ponds. Of course, I miss them all. I even miss Wilf.
  • glassyo
    Options
    Oh, I know. Amy grew on me. She was way too pouty (with her lips...not characterwise) in the beginning and that bugged me but I really grew to love her. Well, except that one thing during The Big Bang where I wanted to slap her silly cuz...your new, awesome husband is RIGHT THERE YA BIG HO!

Have we all seen this video? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izgmh46xphM

Edited because commas are where they're not wanted
  • southpaw211
    southpaw211 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I had not!! Can't wait to go home and play it for my 8 year old - she is a mega Whovian and Mulan was her first Disney Princess (I confess we pushed Mulan on her at a young age, female empowerment and all that). Thanks!
  • beckiern1
    Options
    i've been practicing running. i'm ready for the BBC to call me at any time.
  • glassyo
    Options
    I had not!! Can't wait to go home and play it for my 8 year old - she is a mega Whovian and Mulan was her first Disney Princess (I confess we pushed Mulan on her at a young age, female empowerment and all that). Thanks!

Parenting. You're doing it right. :smile:
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Reviving this topic since they're apparently announcing the 12th doctor on Sunday

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/12th-doctor-revealed-on-sunday-52184.htm

I really hope it isn't actually Peter Capaldi though. I strongly disliked him (or perhaps just his character but I can't see him without thinking 'Pilfrey') in Fortysomething, and at the sake of sounding childish I don't think I could stand watching Doctor Who with him.