Online Dating "Red Flags"

Options
2»

Replies

• lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    photo_kyla wrote: »
    Is there some magic way to easily spot the married ones???
    I was just talking to this guy (profile said single) for 5 days and over 300 long messages of platonic conversation. We really hit it off. I was trying to find an old childhood friend of my dad's online and thought "hey, why not google him?"
    It turns out he's married and has been for 4 years. Never once did he mention anything about her, even in conversations about family and relationships.
    :s:s:s
    Homenum Revelio Marriageitis!!! or for us that didn't get to go to Hogwarts, I guess Google is the next best thing. Sorry that he turned out that way. /=

• photo_kyla
    photo_kyla Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    lacroyx wrote: »
    Homenum Revelio Marriageitis!!! or for us that didn't get to go to Hogwarts, I guess Google is the next best thing. Sorry that he turned out that way. /=

^^^ I love that! And I'll definitely wave my magic wand and give it a shot next time.
    Thanks for the chuckle :D
  • 427_Cobra
    427_Cobra Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Oh my .... the stories I could tell would make one wonder why on earth I didn't know and why in the hell I continued to try. lol

* income greater than $100,000 required - really?
    * drinks regularly - awesome for the local VFW
    * drunk driving and admitting it ... with their kid in the car ... Mother of the Year award on the way.
    * height - must be taller than _____
    * avoiding a question brought up in conversation - hiding something
    * pictures without a "date stamp or obvious decade it was taken" - likely has morphed into a troll over the years
    * getting upset that I found them on social media - once again, hiding something
    * wants to keep in close contact with a former BF - hasn't moved on.
    * very religious - to each their own
    * prints off emails to analyze them for hidden meaning - yes, I kid you not
    * women who have professional photo shoot pics just for the dating site
    * showing too much skin in pics online - attention *kitten*
    * hiding an addiction or physical condition
    * serial daters ... loving the chase or being chased.
    * hearing, "my cell isn't working right" .... avoiding calls or texts frequently
    * separated
    * and worst but not least, women who don't really know what they want. For most, I can tell in the 1st 10 minutes of meeting if I'm interested and I try and be upfront. Why waste their time right? However, since I know what I want and have no issues telling someone I really enjoyed their company, that seems to freak some of them out and I never hear back from them. Ok, why date then? lol ... which makes me wonder if they are either serial daters or chasers.
  • carbons2k
    carbons2k Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    If all the pix are of her and her friends and I have to sift thru the pix and 'figure' out which one she is. Maybe not a red flag but pretty damn annoying.
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    carbons2k wrote: »
    If all the pix are of her and her friends and I have to sift thru the pix and 'figure' out which one she is. Maybe not a red flag but pretty damn annoying.

urban camouflage bro
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Larger men who are not all that fit, wanting only fit women. I often want to ask.. "Do you own a mirror??"
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    - "Looking for Mr Right" : I don't know what I want but I am a simple fool and I am manipulated by others all the time. Yes, you can have some of that too.
    - "No drama": I will bring enough in your life: my friends call me drama.
    - "Treat me like a queen, I will treat you like a king": I am high maintenance, I will b!tch all the time and I will complain loudly and make scenes. Thanks for the money, it was nice knowing you.
    - "I'm crazy!": I'm boring.
    - "My passions/sports/activities": I can't put drinking and hanging out with friends, right? So I shall list the things I've done once or twice last year.
    - "A picture of me in Peru": from 3 years ago. I haven't travelled since. I don't look any younger either.
    - Only face/blurry/hipster-filter pics: your imagination will disappoint you.
    - Girly pictures with girly girls and selfies: I'm superficial and I won't understand all the words you will be using. LOL <3 xxx

I love reading between the lines to see what people actually mean.