Water Intake

Options
mommymeepa
mommymeepa Posts: 11 Member
Justin or Katie,
What is your recommendation for how much water we should drink in a day?
This may seem like a silly question, but does it matter if it is warm or cold? Sometimes on these cold days I can't bring myself to drink cold water, so I warm it up.
Can I count tea in my water count? It is zero calories and the sweetener I use Stevia in the raw is 0 calories?
Is naturally flavored sparkling water a good option for variety?

Also, for those of you having trouble getting your water in, I found a Gatorade Water Bottle at Dick's sporting goods that holds 4 cups of water at a time. Even though it holds a lot it helps me mentally to know I only need to drink two of them during the day to get my 8-8oz. cups in.

Replies

• ktlips101
    ktlips101 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Great question, Mellie! You've come to know that we never make general recommendations, but you should be drinking around 48-64 oz of water per day. Most people fall right in this range. Of course, the hardest thing for me to do surrounding water intake is to actually drink it, and some research has shown that the ones that have straw, such as the Camelback upright water bottle, cause you to drink more than you would with a normal tilting water bottle.

Tea counts toward water consumption, even though it is a diuretic. Just don't let that be your main drinking source for the day. Don't worry about the temperature of the water. Remember, this is about increasing water consumption in practical ways, and getting bogged down with the details can skew the big picture.